Roll call

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

GibLit
Staff
Staff

Roll call

Post by GibLit »

Who still plays regularly? I haven't touched the game in years, and I'm wondering how active the community is nowadays.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Roll call

Post by NKNWN »

GibLit wrote:Who still plays regularly? I haven't touched the game in years, and I'm wondering how active the community is nowadays.
well i play regularly with some ppl
Last edited by NKNWN on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FX]-GoKu
Lord of the Vimps

Post by [FX]-GoKu »

sup gib!!! long time no talk.. haven't played in about half a year now..still savin money for a super nice comp then i will b playin, of course if its not dead which i beleave it still is now
askelly35
Kabuto's Playtoy

Just started playing this game again

Post by askelly35 »

I rememeberd this as a great game that I hadn't finished... so I'm doing that now..

it's wonderful to be able to play it at all high quality - I still love the look of this game.
slyther
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by slyther »

I haven't played in ages and just started up again. If you, or a few others want to get together and game my email is slyther83@yahoo.com (or via facebook through that email)
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

From what I see here.... not many play regularly. But hell, as long as the I.V. drip still in, I think we'll be alright.

Hey Gib, what you been up to? And Goku, what comp part you up to now, the power supply?
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

I still play multi player occasionally, haven't played for years before that.
AbyssalRyoko
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by AbyssalRyoko »

I looked to see if anyone was playing multiplayer but it looked dead to me. Maybe just bad timing? I hope. I resigned up for this forum hoping the game was still active and even tried to get people to play but... no good so far.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Interesting to see people still play, though much like in AbyssalRyoko's experience, the online community for this game seems completely dead whenever I check in on it. It shouldn't surprise anyone though. It's been a vegetable on life support for years now.

However, what it definitely has been otherwise is an integral part of the narrow-minded, prideful and egocentric era of my youth. It's hard to believe it's been a decade since I started playing. It's been fun, and it's been real, if only as real as video games can possibly be.
[FX]-GoKu
Lord of the Vimps

Post by [FX]-GoKu »

falcoz ... haven't bought anything .. bought to here after i buy this car.. then buy the whole shabang can't wait..
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

When the community went, the players pretty much went. People still play, but generally it's no fun playing with them. Winning has pretty much always been the point of playing games online, but there's no social interaction anymore. Without it, I feel Giants is pretty empty. There's mainly the skill gap coupled with annoyances of Gyro bombing raids (at max altitude, of course), turrets on the map and raiding in general simply for the points.

Giants MP is still fun, but in my opinion, most of the people that play it, aren't.
[FX]-GoKu
Lord of the Vimps

Post by [FX]-GoKu »

hey man wether giants dies or not we are still here!! lol hell i can remember starting giants at 13 and finally finding online play at 16 and here i am almost 27..wow ...lol.. hard to beleave so much time has gona by and everyone has grown up.. but again my old friends we are still here to share our stories and mayb get a good game here and there.. happy i found this game with my mom at gamestop at the age of 13.. hehe who would of known it would have gone this long
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Yeah, I know how that is goku, car comes first hands down. Heck I still have an oil change due, but what your building sounds wicked.

On the community note, I agree with xentek, the social interaction is not there anymore. Newbies that come in don't seem to offer new challenges.

From what I understand, many of the core players went to different games and activities. I've done that a few times already (Left 4 Dead was fun as hell), but lately I've been trying to find games that have similar elements to giants.

The problem is, I'm having a hard time finding newer fps games with rts elements. No body expands on the jetpack/gyro thing that much.

Section 8 and UT3 came close on the fps side, but no cigars. There were some decent rts games, but I'm always up in a birds eye view.

If someone has found a recent and decent supplement to giants, I'm all ears. I'd much rather check out other stuff as a group and touch base here, then wait for the rest of the core players to leave.
Malix
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Malix »

Hey we should try and setup games more often then we do. Someone setup a good game time. We could all play on eastern time.
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

'Allo sweeties.

Going to a LAN party in a few hours (first time I've been to a LAN party in three or four years, so that's nostalgic in and of itself) where we're all fifteen of us going to be playing Giants. Cannot wait, even though it's just going to be hours of telling new folk what buttons do what.

Falc, try Natural Selection 2. It's FPS/RTS, and pretty damn good fun.