It's been a while...

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Eridium
Kabuto's Playtoy

It's been a while...

Post by Eridium »

Good to see that GiantsWD is still alive, ill be installing this again and hoping for active people.

I used to be registered under the name ydemooij/Droid2K4 and went with the name phoenix_flare on gamespy..pff that's been a while, i also made a few maps.
I'm 20 years old now but i never forgot about Giants: Citizen Kabuto, it really was *the game* part of my childhood...the disc i got was catching dust for over 3 years.

I already spotted 3 familiar names so far on here, accusnoetn, xentek & tokkie, are they still around?

The years...they wen't by so freaking fast..i can remember how fun it was to play with kabuto and smash every mecc and reaper to bits.

I'm really hoping for a sequel to this game or atleast a patch to make it new and fresh again.
Giants 2 can easily be a success if the graphics were improved for example (Unreal Engine????)...could be a arcade game on the xbox.
I'd think of co-op campaign mode, versus modes and more stuff.
Different weapon skins, camera angle, third & first person modes ofcourse.

So...anyone alive? :-)
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Hello and welcome back :)

I'm not sure if 'alive' is the right term, I'd say 'hanging on' fits the situation more. I continue to check the forums but I don't really play much. The skill gap and infrequent matches, let alone a 'CoD mentality' of some players sucks the fun out of the game. Couple this with hundreds of more fun games that are available and the end result is inevitable.

1.5 is still in the making but it seems to be on hold for now. It will mix things up a bit and add a few new gameplay elements. I just don't know when (or if) it will be completed, especially considering the current community situation. For the rest I think everyone would like a (well made) sequel. Though the rights to Giants are just being sat on and the dough needed to buy them is something nobody has :p

Anyway,there should still be some matches time to time and maybe I'll see you around in game.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Is Tas is still working on 1.5? Give me a holla if he decides he wants to collaborate again.
[FX]-GoKu
Lord of the Vimps

Post by [FX]-GoKu »

was up ya some are still here... on and off.. haven't heard from tas in a long while or accus... but i'm up for gaming or helping with whatever here in the next month once my comp is together
Eridium
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Eridium »

Installing it now, still had a copy of Giants in my closet catching dust.
AbyssalRyoko
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by AbyssalRyoko »

I found my old copy today and going to install it. Anyone still play multiplayer?
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

Funny you should mention unreal . . . I recently installed that thing with the intent of making an unnoficial giants sequel. So some of the: features I have considered: letting reapers swim underwater and build structures there. Letting meccs get a diving gear item to swim underwater. Giving kabuo the burn crystal as a special item. 2 vehicles for each race, including: the gyro and a ground vehicle that has a rocket launcher for meccs, and a reaperski and an AA vehicle for Delphi. A flamethrower weapon for meccs that uses jetpack fuel for ammo. a bunch of other new weapons. new backpack items, including an item that will increase the fuel cap of the jetpack. and epic campaign. a remake of the powerup bow and many new spells, skins, and steam support. WHO'S WITH ME?
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

The Dark Voice wrote:Funny you should mention unreal . . . I recently installed that thing with the intent of making an unnoficial giants sequel. So some of the: features I have considered: letting reapers swim underwater and build structures there. Letting meccs get a diving gear item to swim underwater. Giving kabuo the burn crystal as a special item. 2 vehicles for each race, including: the gyro and a ground vehicle that has a rocket launcher for meccs, and a reaperski and an AA vehicle for Delphi. A flamethrower weapon for meccs that uses jetpack fuel for ammo. a bunch of other new weapons. new backpack items, including an item that will increase the fuel cap of the jetpack. and epic campaign. a remake of the powerup bow and many new spells, skins, and steam support. WHO'S WITH ME?
but the thing i like of the game (like much ppl) here is the fighting mechanics should add more of those, and that keep me still learning about the game ,and marks difference to other action/shooter games of this days .-. sry for my English
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

Sure! infact, if anyone has a suggestion they want implemented or they want to help, email me at sd65000@gmail.com. and what do you mean by combat mechanics? like new weapons or something else?
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

The Dark Voice wrote:Sure! infact, if anyone has a suggestion they want implemented or they want to help, email me at sd65000@gmail.com. and what do you mean by combat mechanics? like new weapons or something else?
well thats how i call it , you have to keep a rithm fighting to dont get raped .-.
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

I had the flamethrower idea for close range combat, like getting rid of reapers that are trying to knife you. another was for the reaper AA vehicle to shoot powerful bursts of energy in a straight line, like constant laser. this is so you don't have to worry about accuracy as much and can better deal with gyros. the new powerup bow would be similar. a backpack for meccs allows them to increase their max jetpack fuel/flamer ammo.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

The Dark Voice wrote:I had the flamethrower idea for close range combat, like getting rid of reapers that are trying to knife you. another was for the reaper AA vehicle to shoot powerful bursts of energy in a straight line, like constant laser. this is so you don't have to worry about accuracy as much and can better deal with gyros. the new powerup bow would be similar. a backpack for meccs allows them to increase their max jetpack fuel/flamer ammo.
ride vimps xDDDDD
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

YES! A VIMP MOUNT SYSTEM! AND THE VIMPS WILL SHOOT FLAMES FROM THEIR ANUSES!
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

The Dark Voice wrote:YES! A VIMP MOUNT SYSTEM! AND THE VIMPS WILL SHOOT FLAMES FROM THEIR ANUSES!
that will be not giants then ._.
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

Meh, true.