giants lobby problem

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

giants lobby problem

Post by NKNWN »

i cant see my server on giants lobby ,gamespy or chatex what i do
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Typically, the person hosting the server will be unable to see his own server when using the same network. However, this does not mean others can't. Simply ensure that UDP 8911 and TCP/UDP 19711 are forwarded in both your firewall and your router (if applicable) and it should be visible to all players outside of your network.

Also check if - besides Windows firewall - you have any other internet protection software running which may be blocking the applicable ports.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Xentek wrote:Typically, the person hosting the server will be unable to see his own server when using the same network. However, this does not mean others can't. Simply ensure that UDP 8911 and TCP/UDP 19711 are forwarded in both your firewall and your router (if applicable) and it should be visible to all players outside of your network.

Also check if - besides Windows firewall - you have any other internet protection software running which may be blocking the applicable ports.
is normal?
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Yes, it's normal that you can't see your own server. What matter is that others can see it, so the easiest way to check is to ask someone else online if they can see your server.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Xentek wrote:Yes, it's normal that you can't see your own server. What matter is that others can see it, so the easiest way to check is to ask someone else online if they can see your server.
ye some players
joined on my server but is the same problem to giants lobby and gamespy
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Again, have you asked other players using Gamespy Arcade, ChateX or the gckms server browser whether or not they can see your server? If not, it's normal it's not showing up for you, or you have potentially made an error forwarding ports or overlooked other protective software.

For the rest, all I remember is hearing that -nogamespy works on the in-game browser as well, so if people can find it there and joining your server, then it should be showing up elsewhere.

Though regardless of that, at least 9/10 of players seem to use the in-game browser, so it doesn't really hurt your server's activity anyway.