No music in multiplayer mode :(

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

No music in multiplayer mode :(

Post by STUVash »

I want to play giant in multiplayer while listening to the musics of the game ... how can I do it ?
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

you should be able to listen it on youtube while playing (I'm using xp and chrome)
STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by STUVash »

Yeah alright but I was thinking about playing music in the game ... 'cause I'm willing to play in a Lan again and without music this is...

I mean this would be better with the music. Does this mean I can't play music in the game ?
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

You probably can, maybe you could experiment replacing some files in the /Giants/music/ directory. I'll try to look into it next weekend.

ps: BACKUP YOUR FILES!
STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by STUVash »

Okay I'll try it next time
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Just run a music player in the background; and if it has to be Giants music, find the soundtrack I suppose. Someone on the forums is supposed to have it, browse through some threads to see who and send him a PM.

At any rate, I don't think you can get music working in multiplayer in the way you would want.
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

I think you might be able to find the music files using nullpointer's giants zip and play them using his .raw file player. You can find theese tools here: http://www.giantswd.org/?file=5
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

you can convert a .mp3 (or something else) to a .wav (16 bit PCM I think) in audacity, if you then change the extension to .raw and replace one of the music files in the giants directory (after you backed it up) it should run ingame.

You might want to speed up the original file about 2.01 times, otherwise you will probably end up with weird things :P
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

There was some work being done on adding dynamic music to multiplayer (like what singleplayer has) , but if I recall correctly there were a few issues that made it unworkable from both technical and gameplay perspectives.