Giants"2" Idea Board

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

yes let's do that.... some more gameplay ideas for a 0.00000000000001 release?
only meccs please (and no whole campaign, just one mission, meccs only)
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

1.) A mecc(Reg) attempts to reach the pub(wich is tended by timmy's breath taking mother) Before a timer runs out.

2.) A mecc(Baz) must flee a Dark fog (perhaps a Big black wall) chasing him, he must survive for as long as he can, for the wall moves significantly faster than he does.

3.) A mecc(Tel) has to use his peashooter to snipe moving boxes at increasingly far distances.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

And why not put all of the things that were in the beta version plus new one's ? For example meccs being able to pilot and land their spaceship to travel to another planet or island or inside the mothership, the addittion of the deleted npc's, kabuto's feet lvl cam, the hability of the Sea monster to perform melee attacks (like we see in one of the beta version videos were he destroys a bridge), and more. Plus new one's such your mecc being able to hold dual pistols, kabuto able to grab and throw bigger monsters such the sonaks (like the animation at the end of the game where the original kabuto grabs and throws the other kabuto), kabuto able to grab enemies with his left hand and a 4th roar (the one that we couldn't perform but the npc). And some things that were in the debug menu like the special view cameras such as the free view.
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

I'll try to implement that :p
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

Pepys wrote:I agree there should be a section involving Planet Majorca. Maybe, the Majorca sections should be the beginning of the game, or one of the beginnings, where we finally get to see what the Meccaryans look like underneath their SPACE SUITS! (Assuming that the atmosphere is habitable for the Meccs). So, the unsuited Meccs wiill wear Hawaiian shirts, swimming suits, and flippers, but still wear their jetpacks. W

Well, what would happen is that the Meccs, Delphi, and Borjoyzee are really enjoying their vacation, but then the Majorcan beaches are terrorized by what look like Kabuto spawn, Sea Reaper guards, or maybe some sea monsters from the Island. This threat to the Majorcan paradise will prompt you and your mates to get your jetpacks, and fly forth against the foe!

These levels would also give the player the opportunity to have Delphi (with her complete Sea Reaper abilities) and Borjoyzee (with his knowledge of the ways of the Smarty) to fight alongside you! (They will have extra lives like the other Meccs). While you're dealing with the vermin from the Island, you'lll find a whole of Bad Meccs (the Meccaryan equivalent of the United Earth Directorate) settling on Planet Majorca, preparing to cause trouble for a whole lot of planets and worlds, including the Island.

For humorous effect, we should have Delphi and Baz skinnydipping in beach, only to be interrupted by a curious Kabuto spawn or sea monster. If it was a Sea Reaper guard, I would have him say: "That's all right. Don't stop on my account. Now, please, continue swimming naked!" To which the reply of Delphi and Baz is a quick arrow and pea shooter blast in the eye.

If levels are set in Planet Majorca, they would have to be done in a way that would set it apart from the Island, and not resemble an Islandish clone. Since Majorca has no dangerous fish like those from the Island, perhaps the Meccs should be allowed the ability to swim (unless the Reaper ship brings along the Island's fish to infest Majorca's oceans).

That's all I can think of for the moment. Swell job on your Giants 2 development, sirs!
how about a backpack item allowing the meccs to swim?

CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

[ION]Nagadkcin wrote:1.) A mecc(Reg) attempts to reach the pub(wich is tended by timmy's breath taking mother) Before a timer runs out.

2.) A mecc(Baz) must flee a Dark fog (perhaps a Big black wall) chasing him, he must survive for as long as he can, for the wall moves significantly faster than he does.

3.) A mecc(Tel) has to use his peashooter to snipe moving boxes at increasingly far distances.
1.) timers are not really my speciality since it uses milliseconds or ticks or something similar,and I'm really bad in numbers smaller than 1 so I'll look into it, but I doubt I'll use timers in the first release

2.) this sounds fun to play and/or make, the only difficulty being the object moving to the players position, but that shouldn't be too difficult. hope none of you mind seeing the time you survived in milliseconds :)

3.) this sounds a little boring, maybe I'll just give the boxes rpgs or peashooters to make it interesting

conclusion: I'll just take the black thing from 2, make it spawn the boxes from 3 and give the player points for shooting boxes and surviving.

I'll hopefully release something before the end of the month, but I can't promise anything since I plan on buying a videocard tomorrow, which means playing a lot of games the coming days
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Title(s)

Post by Depeus »

I have created some possible title(s) for the game, Here they are:

War of the Kabuto
World Strike
The Crumbling World
Mars is Death
Call of Renegade
Fight of Life
At World's End
When Life meets Death
Citizen Threat
Timmy's Return
Kabuto is New
To Rise Again

Thats it. Most of them are pretty gay, but if you want more just give me a shout :)
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

OMG.

Post by Depeus »

Another thing, I want to be able to play as a new and improved Kabuto!!
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Depeus »

Pepys wrote:I agree there should be a section involving Planet Majorca. Maybe, the Majorca sections should be the beginning of the game, or one of the beginnings, where we finally get to see what the Meccaryans look like underneath their SPACE SUITS! (Assuming that the atmosphere is habitable for the Meccs). So, the unsuited Meccs wiill wear Hawaiian shirts, swimming suits, and flippers, but still wear their jetpacks. W

Well, what would happen is that the Meccs, Delphi, and Borjoyzee are really enjoying their vacation, but then the Majorcan beaches are terrorized by what look like Kabuto spawn, Sea Reaper guards, or maybe some sea monsters from the Island. This threat to the Majorcan paradise will prompt you and your mates to get your jetpacks, and fly forth against the foe!

These levels would also give the player the opportunity to have Delphi (with her complete Sea Reaper abilities) and Borjoyzee (with his knowledge of the ways of the Smarty) to fight alongside you! (They will have extra lives like the other Meccs). While you're dealing with the vermin from the Island, you'lll find a whole of Bad Meccs (the Meccaryan equivalent of the United Earth Directorate) settling on Planet Majorca, preparing to cause trouble for a whole lot of planets and worlds, including the Island.

For humorous effect, we should have Delphi and Baz skinnydipping in beach, only to be interrupted by a curious Kabuto spawn or sea monster. If it was a Sea Reaper guard, I would have him say: "That's all right. Don't stop on my account. Now, please, continue swimming naked!" To which the reply of Delphi and Baz is a quick arrow and pea shooter blast in the eye.

If levels are set in Planet Majorca, they would have to be done in a way that would set it apart from the Island, and not resemble an Islandish clone. Since Majorca has no dangerous fish like those from the Island, perhaps the Meccs should be allowed the ability to swim (unless the Reaper ship brings along the Island's fish to infest Majorca's oceans).

That's all I can think of for the moment. Swell job on your Giants 2 development, sirs!
Good ideas , but I think that the mechs must have their suits to be able to use their jetpack. I also want to play as sea-reaper. Another thing is I want to play as a smartie....Mabey a level where you run from kabuto's offspring. Remember on the first level of Giants when their was rippers? Well I would like to play as them, but tunneling would be hard. Make sure you make extra turrets. :DDDD Goodluck!! Thanks, Depeus
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Re: OMG.

Post by CrapHeap »

Depeus wrote:Another thing, I want to be able to play as a new and improved Kabuto!!
How should it be improved?
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

You guys are annoying!
Every time I am coding more than 5 seconds I get an email!
Keep up the idea-stream though, I'll try to block my email from disturbing me.
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Well...

Post by Depeus »

Make him be able to select the offspring that he hatches so he can take a more "tactical" approach :)
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Re: Well...

Post by CrapHeap »

Depeus wrote:Make him be able to select the offspring that he hatches so he can take a more "tactical" approach :)
you mean a more rts-like approach?
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Depeus »

Yeah :) Or maybe it could be differant like when you press the key to lay your egg a little screen pops up and you click the creature you want...They could even have differant health and damage too.
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

You mean that you could select different classes of offspring? Seems a bit situational to me, but it's a good way to make kabuto more appealing.