Giants"2" Idea Board

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

all your concepts are belong to us

Post by CrapHeap »

come on guys, surely you can at least make some sketches?
In the meantime I've been working on sketches of a little transport chopper with cinema seats on the sides, models coming this weekend.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: all your concepts are belong to us

Post by NKNWN »

CrapHeap wrote:come on guys, surely you can at least make some sketches?
In the meantime I've been working on sketches of a little transport chopper with cinema seats on the sides, models coming this weekend.
can you make bots for multiplayer
(maybe "beta bots")
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Re: all your concepts are belong to us

Post by CrapHeap »

dudewithaguitar wrote:
CrapHeap wrote:come on guys, surely you can at least make some sketches?
can you make bots for multiplayer
(maybe "beta bots")
I think I'll keep multiplayer for the later stages, after I've finished singleplayetr but yeah, I could look into it.
Scorpion
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Scorpion »

I have a few ideas:

- Completely deformable environments. You should be able to destroy the cliffs protecting the base, it would give more to think about in Defend the Base games in my humble opinion.

- An RPG system of character development in which you enhance your skills with increased use. For instance, your machine gun accuracy increases the more you use the machine gun and the more kills you get with it.

- Flight for Kabuto. I feel Kabuto is slightly shallower than the other two races in terms of gameplay, and this might help to expand on it. It would also help to avoid the high tower/turret exploit.

- Freeform world with NPCs who go about their daily lives, like in Oblivion, or preferably the Skyrim AI. This should include an underwater world for Delphi to explore.

- Spaceship battles. I liked the bit in single player when we saw Gordon and Bennett in space, and I feel this would be a welcome addition to gameplay. It would also make MvM games less one dimensional, if the battle could take to space.

- Perhaps expanding on the RTS element? I liked the base build aspect of the game, but I feel that a basic campaign map, not unlike the Total War series, would be really enhance it. You could also integrate the spaceship battles into this somehow.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Space Pirates!

The Meccs run into space pirates. Reg sleeps with the pirates wife, and trouble starts up.

Then it goes from there..
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Giants"2" Idea Board

Post by NKNWN »

Nagadkcin wrote:Welcome to the Giants 2 idea topic, please share any ideas you have pertaining to the seqel, we value your input. EDIT: We also need some creative and imaginative names for the seqel.[For we lack the nessesary creativity. :wink: ] A poll will be held at a later date once we have recieved a sufficient amount of sugestions, wich will decide wich title is most original, creative, and actualy goes along with the story.
can you make a path of giants of multiplayer on history i mean use meccs reapers and kabuto histories
Cairn
Kabuto's Playtoy

I just got one concept to iterate.

Post by Cairn »

Think Fallout 3/New Vegas and Skyrim/Oblivion, but Giants Citizen Kabuto style. Would that be an awesome game or what?
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Giants"2" Idea Board

Post by NKNWN »

Nagadkcin wrote:Welcome to the Giants 2 idea topic, please share any ideas you have pertaining to the seqel, we value your input. EDIT: We also need some creative and imaginative names for the seqel.[For we lack the nessesary creativity. :wink: ] A poll will be held at a later date once we have recieved a sufficient amount of sugestions, wich will decide wich title is most original, creative, and actualy goes along with the story.
nick bruty said "There used to be a character called the Shepherd that Kabuto could make from wet mud. He would herd and collect Vimps for you" make one for a patch or something i suppose
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »