Question for Planetmoon

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

We should write to PlanetMoon Studios about releasing the engine source code of Giants?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 11

GREZZO16
Kabuto's Playtoy

Question for Planetmoon

Post by GREZZO16 »

hi to everyone
i was thinking about the benefits of releasing the old games graphic-engine source code to the community as "opensource": it will be a GREAT thing!
Look at Doom and Quake : id released the source code of the engine and now in 2010 we can play at those games with new graphics, new maps, new sounds and lot of other optimizations, plus the people can use linux and mac and other OS to run those games!

what do you think about asking at planetmoonstudios to relase the source code of GCK and/or A&D engine?

Relasing the source code, doesn't mean to give the game as "freeware" (this is probably another action Planetmoon should do), but just free the engine to let community developers to improve the game, more than actually the 1.497f patch do.

AND

Has someone a presonal contact with planetmoon or one of their developers? It will be useful knowing someone inside the firm.

byee

EDIT: ARGH! Sorry for my bad english. I've just read the poll-question and it is not in correct english. i hope you'll understand the meaning.
Last edited by GREZZO16 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

I agree and voted yes. They should release it and make this game even better than it is. It would be awesome.
GREZZO16
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by GREZZO16 »

ehy no other one votes?
come on guys!
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

I was vote yes too, nut GCK is forgotten game and proability of public engine code is very small...
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Not shot is always ....

Post by HellSnake »

it SUCKS that they are letting giants rot!
we can hope that maybe some day they will release the source code.
(some1 would prob have to rewrite entire code since its crap :roll: )