The good old days of gaming with giants, who was there?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

How have games changed over the years?

I agree with what has been said!
17%
New games are to expensive to buy these days.
4%
I think games have got better over the years.
8%
I think games have got worse over the years.
13%
I dont know?
4%
I dont really care!
4%
GIANTS IS THE BEST! AND NOTHING CAN BEAT IT!
38%
Hay!? Im not that old!
13%

Total votes: 24

FreakyGhost
Kabuto's Playtoy

Re: I love it!

Post by FreakyGhost »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
FreakyGhost wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote: You're wrong, i'm a male :lol: .
You are not a GWD staff, are you?
No, i thought he was refering to the members :oops: .
Lol dont worry, if all the members on this site where female like me then it would be kind of freaky lol. :shock:
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

King wrote: The entire GWD staff is female in case you were wondering. We hold weekly slumber parties. Teehee.
hehehe :lol: rofl
arruiaweb
Sappho's Henchman

Post by arruiaweb »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
King wrote: The entire GWD staff is female in case you were wondering. We hold weekly slumber parties. Teehee.
hehehe :lol: rofl
LOL :lol:
Soulslaver
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Soulslaver »

zopharx and tasiin were always full of sand :D
Dex
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dex »

giants is a amazing game. it can't compare with call of duty mw2 though :D
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Dex wrote:giants is a amazing game. it can't compare with call of duty mw2 though :D
Yes that's right. COD MW2 is incredible...
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Dex wrote:giants is a amazing game. it can't compare with call of duty mw2 though :D
Also check out my latest version of my map :lol: .
baq99
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by baq99 »

hahaha! people saying how they first played giants. i was 17 when i first played it. 26 now and have fond memories of it.

in response to people saying games are all about graphics these days, well giants had amazing graphics when it first came out so in its day it managed to accomplish good gameplay, great story AND awesome graphics.

why is it so hard to do these days? i think its because the people who make games now do it for the money rather than the love of games (mores the pity)
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

baq99 wrote:hahaha! people saying how they first played giants. i was 17 when i first played it. 26 now and have fond memories of it.

in response to people saying games are all about graphics these days, well giants had amazing graphics when it first came out so in its day it managed to accomplish good gameplay, great story AND awesome graphics.

why is it so hard to do these days? i think its because the people who make games now do it for the money rather than the love of games (mores the pity)
Purely true. There will never be a game like Giants. The 90's and 2000 games where the best, now how it is actually i'm very dissapointed.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Silence! You know nothing!

When I first started off in Giants back in 2001 I was a massive reaper newb - I hosted TDM games (note lack of 'with full base'), and camped hapless and shopless meccs with my impressive array of homing weapons.

First buddy I made in the game was a bloke named Aflack. We both started playing as meccs around the same time, so we were competively newbish toward each other. Eventually joined a few (mostly crappy) clans together, leading up to our membership in the now hugely and deliciously innactive NEO clan.

As a side note, 1.4 was released on my 15th birthday - not a bad gift, if I don't say so myself.
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

Let's hope we can play giants in 2010 :D
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Teshchamp wrote:Let's hope we can play giants in 2010 :D
It's 2010 and we can still play giants.
FreakyGhost
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FreakyGhost »

Ok it’s still playable in 2010 but let’s hope its playable still through 2010-2015 and onwards :) lol. But I hope Giants is never forgotten it’s a classic in my eyes. 8)
But one day I imagine it will be forgotten maybe even almost for good :shock: , the fan base is the only thing that I think is keeping it alive at the moment. :twisted:
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

FreakyGhost wrote:Ok it’s still playable in 2010 but let’s hope its playable still through 2010-2015 and onwards :) lol. But I hope Giants is never forgotten it’s a classic in my eyes. 8)
But one day I imagine it will be forgotten maybe even almost for good :shock: , the fan base is the only thing that I think is keeping it alive at the moment. :twisted:
Yeah, it's the only videogame i've been playing since it came out ! 10 years ago :shock: .
FreakyGhost
Kabuto's Playtoy

10 years

Post by FreakyGhost »

It has been 10 years hasn’t it :shock: . God it’s been long, it seems like yesterday sometimes that I got it. I’ve still got the original box and everything that went with that! Well the box is a bit bashed up and the manual cover doesn’t stay on the manual its self anymore cause I always flicked though it :oops: , the discs… well they have seen better days :lol: however it’s still running but for being something around 10 years old it’s looking good for its age lol I can’t blame it for feeling ruff ha-ha 8) .