giants hook 1.30 beta ?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

FLA$}{
Kabuto's Playtoy

giants hook 1.30 beta ?

Post by FLA$}{ »

when i enter a giants server it says its running on giantshook version 1.30 beta. it also says that i dont have it installed and that i can get it ate giantswd. but i searced the site but i didnt find it. i only found giants hook version 1.0. can someone give me a link to giantshook v1.30 beta ? thx
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

The only public version is the one you've found in the download section.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

And the other version ? it's a newer one ? what features include that doesn't have giantshook 1.0 ?
FLA$}{
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FLA$}{ »

Glude wrote:The only public version is the one you've found in the download section.
is there going to be a public version of 1.30 ?
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Tasiin wrote:As for GH 1.3, I honestly don't remember everything -- it's been almost a year since I've touched it. There were numerous code improvements, a few new options in the performance section of Giants.ini, fixes for a couple of bugs (including the invulnerable companion Meccs in single player), and I'd also added an option to play music in multiplayer games.

I never really finished work on it, though. Releasing it would most likely have broken compatibility with servers running older versions of GiantsHook (due to the cheat protection), and there were fewer and fewer people playing as it was.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Glude wrote:
Tasiin wrote:As for GH 1.3, I honestly don't remember everything -- it's been almost a year since I've touched it. There were numerous code improvements, a few new options in the performance section of Giants.ini, fixes for a couple of bugs (including the invulnerable companion Meccs in single player), and I'd also added an option to play music in multiplayer games.

I never really finished work on it, though. Releasing it would most likely have broken compatibility with servers running older versions of GiantsHook (due to the cheat protection), and there were fewer and fewer people playing as it was.
But it is possible to release it ? if it's better the people will upgrade to 1.30
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Why not just wait for the 1.5 patch to be released =P
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Exploderman wrote:Why not just wait for the 1.5 patch to be released =P
it will include those options ? of course i will wait but i'm worried because i don't know if this patch will be compatible with the GRM and giants hook.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

I think Giantshook will be essentially obsolete when it comes out, although GRM might have to be re-released to work fully with 1.5
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:I think Giantshook will be essentially obsolete when it comes out, although GRM might have to be re-released to work fully with 1.5
So it could be an improved version or have to incorporate more things.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

As Vort said, GiantsHook will be made obsolete by patch 1.5 and there will be no need to continue work on it. GRM will not be compatible with it either initially, but will be updated at a later date.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Tasiin wrote:As Vort said, GiantsHook will be made obsolete by patch 1.5 and there will be no need to continue work on it. GRM will not be compatible with it either initially, but will be updated at a later date.
I wouldn't upgrade to 1.5 if the graphics of the game have to become worst.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:I wouldn't upgrade to 1.5 if the graphics of the game have to become worst.
Then don't. Some of us are more concerned with having a more enjoyable, bug free multiplayer experience than having kewl graphics right away.
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

ya
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Z0PharX wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:I wouldn't upgrade to 1.5 if the graphics of the game have to become worst.
Then don't. Some of us are more concerned with having a more enjoyable, bug free multiplayer experience than having kewl graphics right away.
I rater play singleplayer. I'm playing this game since it came out, and played some multiplayer games, but my ping was always high so couldn't enjoy those matches. So now i only play SP levels.