back from the dead

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

aflack
Kabuto's Playtoy

back from the dead

Post by aflack »

wow, long story short: i saw a planet moon game on xfire the other day, and thought i'd check if giants was still alive.
please fill me in! who is still around? wtf is everyone up to?
still playing?! what kinda mods have you guys made.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

da fu**. hi.

GRM, GiantsHook, and now a new patch for the game.
aflack
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by aflack »

you still play? i actually want to load the game up and try a game!

if you got xfire add me... aflack25
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

I don't use xfire, heh.

and yeah, I've been playing a bit now in the last week or so... arent too many people still around, but we still get good games going.
aflack
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by aflack »

i wonder if i can find the cd's.. you still use GSA to find games?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

yeah on GSA... also, there's gog.com, its like six bucks to download a legit copy of giants that doesnt have any DRM or anything if your CDs are MIA
aflack
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by aflack »

i might make a trip back to the parents house tomorrow, i'll look through my old cd case.
wtf have you been up to? i think i was in college last time i played giants. been a wow addict for a while
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Yeah, I was a shitty little highschool student back when the game came out, now I'm working full time in a hardware store... I want my goddamn youth back. :P

MMORPGs are the fu**ing devil, by the way.
aflack
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by aflack »

ya i had to sacrifice a couple girlfriends to the warcrack. since the greater new york finance industry collapsed i don't work much.
seems like you guys have done a bunch of editting/moding. i remember when changing the color of the rocket pack or explosions was a big deal
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Hi Aflack,

Good to see you around. Feel free to hop into the 1.5 thread and throw in your thoughts as to what improvements you'd like added to the game.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Well, this is a pleasing sight. . .people still play, after like 6 or 7 years of this game being in existence.

Welcome back, it's nice to see some familiar, and uber old faces around.

I remember when I first started, ohh the horror. . off talking too much, spamming, thinking I was funny, when I wasn't x_x

Ohh the terror of a 9 year old playing a game with 17 year olds. . .anyway, still nice to see you all, see you around.
Jehslo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Jehslo »

Hi guys hope you been cool damn its been ages. I thought Giants was dead for a while how could I have thought such a cruel thought. Heard there is a 1.5 Patch coming out cant wait to see it and what it will contain.
Shadow_Twister
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Shadow_Twister »

Salazar wrote:Well, this is a pleasing sight. . .people still play, after like 6 or 7 years of this game being in existence.

Welcome back, it's nice to see some familiar, and uber old faces around.

I remember when I first started, ohh the horror. . off talking too much, spamming, thinking I was funny, when I wasn't x_x

Ohh the terror of a 9 year old playing a game with 17 year olds. . .anyway, still nice to see you all, see you around.
I remember having 10 hours a month Dial-up. And taking up all my siblings share of the hours trying to figure out how goddamn old Tasiin was. He kept insisting he was 4