hi all!!! i'm a newcomer and obviously i need help

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Lormus
Kabuto's Playtoy

hi all!!! i'm a newcomer and obviously i need help

Post by Lormus »

Hi Giants Community!! i'm a newcomer and I like very much this game , i began playing it some days ago and it's amazing, even if it's not one of the newest game u can find... btw it's really fun playing it...shoot and strategy , flying... wow! i got a litl problem though xD
two days ago i started downloading plenty of skins, patches and so on... no w i run 1.4 , hook and GRM... the fact is that i cannot view any mecc skin :( my favourite race :D
all of the other skins run properly... both for the other race, kabuto and also weapon skins in general... ONLY MECC SUIT DOesn'T CHANGE!!! if some of you have experienced and solved the problem tell me xD any help is welcome... have fun Gw community!
ps one last thing... u pro players stop saying noob left and right to newcomers or other players in general... u just scare newcomers who miss the pleasure of playing this game (after a couple of matches they were told noob noob noob they leave the game not to play it any longer)... also because this community isn't that big and it would be better to increase its members instead of scaring the few people that play :D bb good games everybody
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: hi all!!! i'm a newcomer and obviously i need help

Post by Exploderman »

Lormus wrote:ps one last thing... u pro players stop saying noob left and right to newcomers or other players in general... u just scare newcomers who miss the pleasure of playing this game (after a couple of matches they were told noob noob noob they leave the game not to play it any longer)... also because this community isn't that big and it would be better to increase its members instead of scaring the few people that play :D bb good games everybody
two things:
I only said noob once
And I clearly stated, before either of us left, that I was ''having a bad day'' and ''sorry for any sarcasm''. Giants relieves stress for me, believe it or not. So, for the record, sorry Lormus.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

The cause of your unchanging skin is from grm. Please read its documentation or search the forums for the issue before posting.

Noob.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Most of the skins on GiantsWD were made for the original Mecc model and skin that shipped with the normal version of the game. It sounds like you installed the enhanced model that shipped with the GeForce 3 version of Giants when you installed GRM, and skins made for the original model will not work properly with that.
Lormus
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Lormus »

I) your excuses are accepted exploderman :D btw i was not doing an explicit refer to your last game, instead i was talking about many other players i met in the last days, who have been a bit rude.
II)i didn't install Geforce 3 application with GRM (should I? i don't have a Geforce 3 :D!)... btw i'll look at the other polls in the forum: thx to all the given answers' people !!
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Re: hi all!!! i'm a newcomer and obviously i need help

Post by GibLit »

Lormus wrote: u pro players stop saying noob left and right to newcomers or other players in general... u just scare newcomers who miss the pleasure of playing this game
That's just something about online gaming that people have to accept. Just ignore those comments and do your best to get better. Then you'll show them!!! :)

:)
Lormus
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Lormus »

hey guys i didn't find any solution about the problem... the fact is, it's like the game can't read some override files... for example, it reads the mc_nothrust for mecc skin (i can clearly see that the suit is half divided in 2 colours), but instead the mc_back , MC_body and mc_arm aren't read, so the changes on skin are just in some parts. Is that because the file names are wrong and i have to rename? help please :cry:
ps i can't find people to play with recently... so c'mon community !!!! let's rock
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Uh, again, it sounds like you have the GeForce 3 model. You do not need a GeForce 3 card to run it -- any ATI or Nvidia card newer than that will work fine with it.

If your Mecc looks like this, then that is why the skins are not working.