Hello there.

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Kumori
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hello there.

Post by Kumori »

Wow, this website is very nostalgic, if you want to know who I am, I am Selor/MoeHawk/Lots of other names I used.

Well, it's been almost three years since I have seen my Giants disks, and damn was it awesome booting it back up again for the first time in years, I am sad to see that there are not as many people *Cough* any people *cough* playing any more, I remember the good old days when there was over 100 people in the Gamespace Giants Lobby, I remember constantly trying to find out Tasiin's age and he always responded with 8, and his frequent homosexual references too, I remember talking to King as he esatblished this site, and talking to Infinity during his map making, and helping out, and most of all, I remember duking it out on mecc vs mecc 1 trying to get that elusive shield timing down, but I always went back to packing.

So, I guess I posted that just to beef up my post, I hate really small ones, but the reason I came here is, does anyone still check this site?
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Hey Kumori, welcome back I guess.

Indeed there were the golden days, the days when there was a hundred people constantly in the lobby, people talking, flaming, and 'sword-wielding flying naked ninja women' would soar through the skies, exposing their beauty for all to see... not that I'm from those days.

A long time has passed since that time, people got old and died you see. Aye, the "dark ages" era is upon us. No longer do the ninja women make us fap. The talk in the lobby is nothing but old people's nonsense giberish. And the flames are limited to "you block-head!" or "take that ya nicompoop!"...
But there is still hope! thankfully, we had some Phoenix-Downs in stock, so only a chosen few survived the dark ages.

Now they are in the lobby, starving for some one to mispell a word or something wrong to jump on them with a sarcastic joke (and eat them). In there, they amuse themselves with lines like "fuckshit monkeys...", they will drive you to insanity!
Like a wise man said: it takes one man to enter the Giants' lobby, but it takes the wings of a master to escape the realm of GSA!
Ventovir
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Ventovir »

Everyone died during the World War 3 8( I'm sorry.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

There was hardly 100 people in the lobby 3 years ago. More like 20. :P
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

I remember when there were 100 :(

and when there were tournaments and people had to deal with that http:// thing in the GSA lobby where when you click on it. . .your computer restarts or something
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

about the year 1999 there was about 100+ppl I do remember this... it was a good year..I think it went to 2000 then ppl started leaving.
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

All I remember was that first clan I was in.. PE thats it lol.

I just remember a sh** load of ppl in gyrocopters, and me and some other dude attached to one with a massive bob-omb and the copter struggling to stay up. and other people with tunnels sneaking into other peoples bases with bobombs oh lol, that was a hell of a lotta fun! If it had 100+ players now, I would play it.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Shardz wrote:about the year 1999 there was about 100+ppl I do remember this... it was a good year..I think it went to 2000 then ppl started leaving.
Release date: December 6, 2000
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

interesting.. why do I always think this.. maybe because my life was so much better back then? and now its sh** lol. Well G did have many players must of been up to 2003? but wtf... it was released in 2000, it doesn't seem that long ago, I joined in about the year 2K im sure ... wait a sec... I think it must of been 2003 I joined...nah, I can't remember.. Now it feels like players started leaving after the first year....... ... :?

Edit:
US: December 7, 2000
Japan: Unreleased
Europe: Unreleased
Australia: Released
Didn't know that, I thought it got released in Europe. [From IGN]
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Didn't know that, I thought it got released in Europe.
It didn't? I thought it did, too. How did I get my copy...
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Maybe an Import, or maybe the website is wrong..
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Um... Yeah. I'm an Australian, don't think my game was an import, it was a gift from a mate. So I guess my question is, what was the release date here in Aus? I couldn't find anything on the net about it (was only a 5 minute search). :( I don't think anywhere here still sells Giants.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

It has of course been released in Europe, I haven't imported my copy, but bought it from the store.
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Puglin. wrote:Um... Yeah. I'm an Australian, don't think my game was an import, it was a gift from a mate. So I guess my question is, what was the release date here in Aus? I couldn't find anything on the net about it (was only a 5 minute search). :( I don't think anywhere here still sells Giants.
It came out in Dec in 2000 in Australia.. because I remember buying it brand new for like $49.95 hehe. (That's half price here)

Giants has a wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants:_Citizen_Kabuto

Interestingly, it seems to be also available on Playstation 2:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvds/id/75628
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, great to find another Aussie! Yeah, I heard it was REALLY crap on the PS2.... REALLY crap; apparently you can't even get into the party house.