CLAN [NMR] IS OPEN! ALL-EVEN NOOBS- WELCOME!

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Would you join clan NMR?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 25

Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

CLAN [NMR] IS OPEN! ALL-EVEN NOOBS- WELCOME!

Post by Puglin. »

The clan [NMR] is now online! We will accept applications from pretty much anybody, INCLUDING noobs; we will train you in the finer arts of the game. However, there is a system of rank within the NMR clan.

The highest rank acheivable is marked by the tag {NMR}. These are the Judges, or Primary Members. They have the power to adopt new clan members. Also, they teach new players, regardless of whether or not they are in the clan. So far, there are four Judges:

{NMR}Puglin
{NMR}The_General
{NMR}Mandible
{NMR}Trust_Ki||

Players marked with =NMR= are called Masters. They are the best fighters in the clan, and share more or less the same rank as the Judges. They can't induct new players into the clan, but they CAN make strong recommendations to the Judges over who to add. They, also, must teach new players about Giants, regardless of whether or not they are in the clan. At the moment, we have only two Masters:

/CNC/Exploderman
=NMR=Glude

Note: Exploderman is "/CNC/" instead of "=NMR=" because of name length restrictions in GameSpy Arcade, and loyalties to another clan.

[NMR] signifies a soldier, not quite a master but someone with knowledge of the techniques of the game. They teach, too, and may make recommendations. In a game situation, they should take commands from the masters, but they don't HAVE to; that'd be to dictatorship-like.

The lowest rank, but definitely not the least important one, is (NMR)... New Player, or New Member. They are the next generation of player, and are brought up by those of higher rank to become as good as they can be. They don't teach new players, because they ARE new, but they are taught more comprehensively than non-clan members. No New Members have been inducted... Yet.

Almost ANYONE (except for people who use hacks and cheats in multiplayer) can become a part of the clan. Also, anyone aside from the Judges can attain a higher rank than they currently have; for instance, a New Player might someday reach the rank of Judge, or Master. Anyone caught cheating on a multiplayer server will be expelled from the clan. The purpose of this clan is to teach people new to Giants how to play the game, so that they might go on to become the next generation of NEO's (the best clan on Giants). Hopefully, this will mean less new players giving up on Giants just because they get killed before they can learn.

Also, if ANYONE can speak english and another language, I NEED their services. For instance [NMR]Hugo is Brazillian, and...well... it's tricky communicating with him, seeing as he speaks portuguese. These Translators will have *'s inside their tags, E.G. [*NMR], to mark them out.

One more thing: I'm Australian, so I need someone (an American, or someone from that timezone) to become a Judge RIGHT NOW, without needing to climb up the heirachy. This is simply because we need to convert more people to NMR, and most people play while I'm sleeping. If you think you're up to either of these jobs (Translator or Judge), PLEASE contact me in ANY WAY possible: respond to this post, Private Message me, or add me to your Buddy list in GameSpy Arcade.

Keep in mind, you can leave clan NMR at any time... Though it's not recommended. Add one of us to your "buddy list" or respond to this post if you would like to join... for WHATEVER reason.

Bonusses to Members include clan Tournaments, where the Members can show off their skills against one another, in a team or one on one.
Last edited by Puglin. on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
UnknownGuru
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UnknownGuru »

I'll be a judge.
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, thats great Guru, I'm waiting on feedback from another guy as well- I'll tell you what happens- come online on Giants some time so we can see just how good you are! Thanks again
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

I speak portuguese, I could help you out. What's the GMT in Australia?
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, Trust, you can go STRAIGHT to Judge... the highest rank. Your tag is: {NMR}

Say... Trust... you wouldn't happen to be able to convert some people to the clan, would you?
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, just a note on banning from the clan, I thought I should include it here rather than editing the old post, as I've been doing a LOT of that and people aren't really noticing the changes.

First of all: No one can ban New Members (Noobs). They must be taught the techniques of the game, and advance to Soldier, before they can be banned. However, if they don't actually wish to learn, and just want to make a pain of themselves, I'll intervene and we'll outcast them.

Second: All Masters and Judges can ban a Soldier from the clan, but if they believe this banning isn't fair, they (the Soldier) can appeal via the forums or PM'ing me or another Judge.

Third: Banning Masters is... difficult. First, the majority of Masters MUST want the person in question gone (by starting a thread in the forums, and the required amount of Masters agreeing via posts, we can make sure the vote is FAIR). The results must then be passed on to a Judge, who will choose to agree or not. It is STRONGLY recommended that the Judge accepts and bans the player, and there would need to be a good reason to reject it.

Lastly: Only I, as the clan founder, can ban a Judge, but I DO need to attain the other Judge's votes (in favour or not) before the judge can be expelled.

If anyone uses hacks or trainers, there will be no procedure. They'll just be banned on the spot. (Harsh, I know, but it's really not fair to use these programs).

ANYONE can leave the clan at ANY time if they want to.

P.S. We are in need of Masters. If anyone thinks they're up to it, let me know.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Hay, I'm up to being a ''Master'', but don't want to leave my clan I am already in. Any tags required to be worn at all times or is it optional?
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

This is all great, except for one thing:

Noobs, or newcomers, aren't registered on GiantsWD, and some dont use Gamespy, they use All Seeing Eye or something of that sort

But still, to let non-clan members and noobs that're on this forum join is good, but also try to include the people who play in the servers but aren't part of GWD
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Is there any type of lobby in the all seeing eye or is it just a bunch of games showing up on a list to join?
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, yeah Salazar, I thought of that (noobs not going near GWD), which is why I tried to create a server with the name "CLAN NMR APPLICATIONS, ALL WELCOME..." blah blah blah. Only problem is, my internal and external IP's are different, so the moment I leave GiantsStaging and begin to play, my game becomes invisible.

Can anyone start a server with the name "NMR CLAN APPLICATIONS! ALL WELCOME!" please?

Also, I'm trying to counter the second problem (converting people off other, random servers) by recruiting an American (or someone from that timezone) to become a Judge. This would mean the clan could convert Americans while I'm sleeping, and communicate on the forums, too. If that sounds racist, sorry, I couldn't really think of a better way to put it.

And Ex, it'd be awesome if you could be a master (that's =NMR=)... I guess it'd be good if you did leave your present clan, like TrustKill did... Um... Let me think on it, perhaps I'll make it unnecessary to desert your old clan.

Is there any way I can broadcast the message to a wider audience, or do I need to wait for the clan to snowball?
Last edited by Puglin. on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Puglin. wrote:And Ex, it'd be awesome if you could be a master (that's =NMR=)... I guess it'd be good if you did leave your present clan, like TrustKill did... Um... Let me think on it, perhaps I'll make it unnecessary to desert your old clan.
Two things:

One: My clan (CNC) ain't that old. Actually, it hasn't even had a birthday yet.

Two: I am the leader of my clan, and when a leader leaves his clan, then someones' gotta pop the question ''well.......why da fu** he leave???''

My point(not very sharp, so I guess you can call it a ''safely pointed objected''): Would you be willing to accept people who don't want their name changed with a tag, by personal option. For Example: [NUB]newguy wants to join your clan [NMR], but doesn't want his name to be (NMR)newguy, and wants to keep it [NUB]newguy, would you allow that?
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

Hey, Ex, came to my decision (thanks to The General for helping me with this one). We decided to let you come (of course) as a Master, and I respect that you can't leave your old clan (old by relation to ours). However, we would like you to... update... your tag, to =[CNC]= or =/CNC/= or =CNC= or whatever. This way, you have the wings of a Master (= signs) but you still retain your old tag. Hey, if not, we can come to SOME arrangement, surely, but... it really would help for people to know who you are (aside from just CNC).

Thanks again for (hopefully) joining!
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

hey, kin I joyn ?
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

NMR=/CNC/Exploderman

Yeah, I know its freakin long, but gamespy says its gotta be ''a unique nickname''
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

How about a 2nd profile?