Delphi Screensaver

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Wiktor
Kabuto's Playtoy

Delphi Screensaver

Post by Wiktor »

Hi!
I want to write a screensaver with delphi. She would be doing something there, like training with her sword. But there is one problem. I haven't her 3d model. I know, there is one in the game, but I need the one with more details and of course with bones animation. Could any one make it? With HiRes textures? The model must be in .smd file. There is a plug-in to 3DS Max to make those files. I can send it.
If there is any one intrested in, please write. :)
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

that'd be hard
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

The only delphi models are the one in game and the one packed with the geforce 3 version of the game, you will not find a better one. Also, nobody has been able to read bone or animation data from giants files, so you'll have to add them yourself in 3dsmax. If you want to open the delphi model in 3dsmax, you can try using my giants 3dsmax importer...
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

I will be doing a 4 month course in June, in 3Dsmax9, so once that is done, I should be able to do things like this :)

If not, I will have a go at making a new model, and other new models, so that hopefully the problem with animated 3d objects will be worked around somehow...
Ammar
Yan the Pimp

Post by Ammar »

Hey Loop, been a while, why don't you play giants from time to time? :D
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Ammar wrote:Hey Loop, been a while, why don't you play giants from time to time? :D
I will get back into it .. I'm missing it lately actually.

I'm still working on some skies in the background, so hopefully with the new dlls I will be able to have even better quality skies to share in the future :)
Ammar
Yan the Pimp

Post by Ammar »

Loop_Goose wrote:
Ammar wrote:Hey Loop, been a while, why don't you play giants from time to time? :D
I will get back into it .. I'm missing it lately actually.

I'm still working on some skies in the background, so hopefully with the new dlls I will be able to have even better quality skies to share in the future :)
Alright, I'm almost always on gamespy arcade so feel free to drop in.
W4rbird
Sappho's Henchman

Post by W4rbird »

Seems you didn't help him (Wiktor) much...

If someone wants to create a new 3D model of Delphi from a scratch, it would be better to add it to the game, instead of to use it only for screensaver animation purposes, IMHO.