Giants in school 8)

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

What's with all the technical talk? Just put all the files in your pockets -so no one will notice them- then dump a litle bit on each monitor at school.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Thats what I originally was gonna do. But aparently I can't go on every comp in school
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Exploder tried uploading the french version in to see if giants would work, and the access to the registry is blocked, we'll have to use the autorun to install it. Thanks for the list, so that's what's in all 3 .cabs?

I'll get to work on it right away.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Thanks for the list, so that's what's in all 3 .cabs?
I think that's what is in cab 2 and 3, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't matter though, cab 1 only contains setup files
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Can anyone lone me a 2GB Flash Drive? lol
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

After reviewing the list a bit (looks like over 2,500) there's seems to be an occurrence of repeating files, especially in the .wav section. Is that intentional or can I just skip over the doubles?
--Edited--

Update: got almost all of the files together, but I still can't find 5 of them(altbmp.bmp, license.txt, value.shl, default.pal, and _IsRes.dll). Now I'm seeing if there's a way to make an autorun for the whole thing.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

hay ssbardock, are you able to make an autorun for this ''giants in school'' project?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Ok, does anyone want me to include the manuals? The first download I put up will be without an installation set-up.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Well, If the registy is blocked, I don't think you are allowed to install anything. You should try to install a very small program first.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

I did, WinRAR :wink: , and nothing went wrong. Yes, WinRAR puts on a registry.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Ok, I have a question. The file Ex uploaded is about 667 MBs, and I just want to know if anyone wants me to make the download smaller by converting the .wav's into .mp3's?

I'm still working on the installer, but I figured out a way to put the registry into the comp with the security.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I'm sorry for double posting, but I thought I should give an update on whats happening. I finished the installer with the help of Bardock and Exploder.

The game upload was successful :D(thanks to Exploder), it works on all the comps in the school. Just 2 days after initial observation, there has been a recorded 10 games within the lan network.

However, I believe the number will drop, but at least this will get the game some recognition in the long run. I've already seen some new players popping up for short amounts of time on gamespy.

Now I'm working on to see if I can get gamespy to pick up all the games on the lan. More testing is needed, but this is the latest on the project.