Post Count Ranks

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Without knowing how much it takes to recode a page, I would say that ZOPharX is right, re-doing from the ground up is bad and time consuming. Even if he considered recoding, the site have to be shut down until it is done.

Besides, the spammed topics have increased only recently from my perspective.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Heres a more simplier and easier idea that just about everyone may agree with: just let it be. Let those bots spamm and do whatever cause some of the things they post, we make fun of(which means theres something new to talk about). For Example: We are discussing about bot spammers right now, so thats something we are talking about. If there was nothing to talk about in the forums, then players would get less interested and just play different games for, well, a few years. So, lets all just, let it be.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Even if he considered recoding, the site have to be shut down until it is done.
He could work on it in a temporary directory until it's done.

and I agree with exploder, they really aren't harming anything and it just means the mods have to click a few more times when they visit the forums.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

is it possible to find out who made which bots?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Again. This version of phpBB is old and outdated, newer versions have greater protection against spambots. The problem? Upgrading phpBB means breaking the site, something that King does not currently have the time to fix, and is something that neither Tasiin or myself have the experience to do.

If someone with experience with PHP scripting wants to step foward and offer to help, I'm sure King would be more than happy to allow them to do so. But until that happens we're all going to continue on as we have been by simply deleting spambots as they register, and banning their IPs.

Are they annoying? Sure, but I don't see why they should be giving headaches to anyone but those who have to go through the motions of deleting them, etc.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

We are discussing about bot spammers right now, so thats something we are talking about.
...it's a boring topic :? I'd rather create my own spammy threads that are not about drugs to keep you awake, or herbs that'll make your boobs bigger. Bots are an anoyance, they're no fun ...
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Google up a script against spambots.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Trust Kill wrote:
We are discussing about bot spammers right now, so thats something we are talking about.
...it's a boring topic :? I'd rather create my own spammy threads that are not about drugs to keep you awake, or herbs that'll make your boobs bigger. Bots are an anoyance, they're no fun ...
Then start something that is worth talking/makeing 4 pages about.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

I just noticed we were REALLY off-topic. . .
Dex1000
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Dex1000 »

good i would of been worried if you didn't i think we have been pretty much after the first page
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

ok then, back to the topic, if your post count is over either 400 or 500 then its declared..........you talk too much.................
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

internets :(
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

interbutts :)
Weasel
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Weasel »

Internet intercourse in the innerbutts!! :lol:
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

Im also working with phpbb (newest version) as casqad sais i f88 up my site many times. I dont know anything about scripting/encoding

this site: www.dmc-clan.co.uk is not mine i just baught a forum.
so is it possible for me to add an downloads page?
and how do i do that?