Post Count Ranks

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

King
Administrator

Post by King »

Trust Kill wrote:Yeah.. I realy doubt disalowing spamming and all that stuff is gonna help keeping bots out, I cant imagine a bot following rules. The only thing that can stop those bots is that numbers and letters picture, thats about all this forum needs. And I guess theres no diference between auto and manual registrations.

"Numbers and letters picture"
This board is currently using the security feature you mention. Bots have been surpassing that speedbump, much to our dismay. If you have suggestions as to what other methods we could try (upgrading is not an option), let me know.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

king, what do you mean with upgrading is not an option?
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

You mean bots can read those image codes?? My mind is boggled O_O
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Wth, I can't even read some of them that come up :!: My suggestion would be to find out what the difference is between a normal registration and a bot registration, then see what the bots can't do.

You can maybe put another one of them codes but then the bots can still figure them out anyway :( .
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Upgrading phpbb would mean having to recode large portions of the main page.
Falcoz wrote:Wth, I can't even read some of them that come up My suggestion would be to find out what the difference is between a normal registration and a bot registration, then see what the bots can't do.
gfhdgjfghadfgadfg
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

oh, well
not much to do about that
unless someone knows php.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

RichardMH wrote:oh, well
not much to do about that
unless someone knows php.
A lot of people do. The problem here isn't knowing it, its not wanting to bother rewriting the entire site.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Is that what happened yesterday? Cause the home page was offline (yeah, I'm pretty sure I am being ''Captain Ovious'')
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Z0PharX wrote:not wanting to bother rewriting the entire site.
You mean being too lazy to rewrite the site.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Trust Kill wrote:You mean being too lazy to rewrite the site.
If you think that why don't you do it
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

I would if I had the the right and power to do it. But since I dont have neither of those all I can do is keep whining.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Yeah, there are like trillions of bots spamming up the forum right now, and I'm sure they are all very dangerous.
So let's put a great deal of effort and time into rewriting most of the site to protect ourselves against this menacing threat.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Hey, fuckwad. People have real lives, you know? You think King wants to spend fu** knows how long recoding this site from the ground up to curtail a few mildly annoying spambots that do very little to disrupt much of anything?

You don't have the 'right' to help? I'm sure King would welcome with open arms anyone willing to put forth the time and effort needed to help revamp the site since he is mildly busy with college and work among other things.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Lets hear it for Z0ParX!!!
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Chill the fu** out zopharx, stick your head into a bathtub and cool it.
You know what makes me sick Darkruler? people who cant talk without being sarcastic, do those sons of whores make you sick too?

The "right" to mess around with the site to do what's needed, and it aint just a few bots, I have never seen a forum with so many bots before.

I'd like to know what in the name of holy hell is so offensive about this: "I would if I had the the right and power to do it. But since I dont have neither of those all I can do is keep whining."

What I said was -in other words- college isnt keeping me busy at the moment and nothing else is: I got loads of spare time, if I could I would do it myself.