Post Count Ranks

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Add one of the things to the register section where you have to enter one of those codes, that bots can't read.

And ofcourse, disallow spamming, add warnings etc... the usual sh**.
I still got a set of rules somewhere... tho they might be a bit harsh for this forum. :roll:
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

people might get paid to post those topics.. they dont care about warning messages..
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

RichardMH wrote:people might get paid to post those topics.. they dont care about warning messages..
Most of them are auto generated.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

by someone that got paid to spread the crap around..
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Dex1000 wrote:after you get a certain amount of posts.
I know what you're talking about, there are forums that, with at least 50 posts or so, allows members to create their own ranks, but still, a guy with 60 posts can call himself something too great for him, like what I said before "god of this forum". ^--That's the point of my previous post.
Last edited by Trust Kill on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Usually Forums that have that, users can ask for a custom rank, not make one theirself.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

RichardMH wrote:by someone that got paid to spread the crap around..
Most of them can still get blocked out from signing up.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

But there are others that you dont need to ask permission. And managing trough -say 100 members- and make thier ranks not too big and not too bad is hard: they'd have to compare members with each other, check their total posts and create new names for every one.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Trust Kill wrote:But there are others that you dont need to ask permission. And managing trough -say 100 members- and make thier ranks not too big and not too bad is hard: they'd have to compare members with each other, check their total posts and create new names for every one.
Only do so if someone asks for a custom rank, and let them choose the rank.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Letting them choose would have to be from a pool of ranks, which means the forum has to come up with more and more. Maybe you could let the top 10 make their own ranks.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

"harsh rules" don't exactly stop automated registrations.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Is there a difference between normal registrations and automated ones?
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Yeah.. I realy doubt disalowing spamming and all that stuff is gonna help keeping bots out, I cant imagine a bot following rules. The only thing that can stop those bots is that numbers and letters picture, thats about all this forum needs. And I guess theres no diference between auto and manual registrations.

"Numbers and letters picture"
Dex1000
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Dex1000 »

who says people will be using a bot ? it doesn't take that long to register and their getting payed to do it if whoever was paying them could they would use bots i'd think.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

/=( You think these posts about drugs and such are posted by people? These are bots, created by lifeless dummies, the same kind of people who spread viruses on the internet.
And even if its people we're dealing with, they'll give up some time. Have they? No, 'cause they're bots.

I realy, realy, REALY dont think these psikkos are being payed, it doesnt make sense at all. They dont have anything to gain with it, no profit, so why pay some one to do it? nah.......

Perhaps some of those posts were made by people, because some times we get diferent kinds of posts, and after the poster is banned, you never see anything like what he...posted. (Im abusing this word)

But there are other POSTS that even after you ban the POSTERS, you will still see more of the same junk in another POST by another POSTER. Like that pharmacie guy who keep POSTING his junk. What a piss off mother-fu****!
!!POSTR!!