7v13

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Five Shielders Verses Fifteen Jetpackers

Shielders
36%
Jetpackers
64%

Total votes: 14

SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

7v13

Post by SPrinkZ »

All right after careful consideration, to make this a bit more realistic.

Let's say seven shielders verses thirteen jetpackers, all have played the same amount of time, all of the same aptitude, no one is a cripple a gimp, or a retard.

Everyone is normal, no medical or emotional problems, and all have played for at least a year. The shielders have perfect timing, and have never played with eachother before, their aim is all the same, the jetpackers use a standard setup of grenade, flare, syringe, rocket proxy homer.

The shielders have a similar setup consisting of syringe, grenade, mine, rocket proxy homer.

Which side do you think would win.

Based on three different maps:

MvM1
MvM2
MvM3

Please state a reason for each.
Last edited by SPrinkZ on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Three good packers beat a shielder
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Yeah, but 5 shielders together? Unless all fifteen jetpackers launch at the same time, they will be LUCKY to hit the ground. By the way, I can fight three good jetpackers, it's just not easy.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

15 vs 5 - you don't even need to say if they are shielders or not.
you have to think in the powa of rushing!
UnknownGuru
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UnknownGuru »

Yo Sprinkz.

Well assuming they're all new to Giants I'd say the jpackers would win as it's quicker to be good at jpacking within 6months than it is to be good at shielding.

In fact, one could master jpacking inside of 6months whereas you'd must be on crack to even dream of mastering shield in that short time frame.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

UnknowN|Guru wrote:In fact, one could master jpacking inside of 6months whereas you'd must be on crack to even dream of mastering shield in that short time frame.
You can definitely become better at packing after 6 months
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

packing = less stress on the brain

shielding = more fast movments of the fingers and use of HEC
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

If each person had six months to train 3 hours each day, it still wouldn't matter, scenerio is impossible to test. Too many factors can contribute being that some are not in the game.

Now if all factors were constant, then packers would win. On that note, I'd like to take my vote to neutral, however there is none, so make a scenerio that is more realistic please.
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Okay I'll revamp the question.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:If each person had six months to train 3 hours each day, it still wouldn't matter, scenerio is impossible to test. Too many factors can contribute being that some are not in the game.

Now if all factors were constant, then packers would win. On that note, I'd like to take my vote to neutral, however there is none, so make a scenerio that is more realistic please.
You got burned ^^
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Better. Now with all factors constant, jetpackers lose on MvM 1, win on MvM 2 and have a draw on MvM 3.

Reason #1: MvM 1 (shielders win), shielders seem to have better advantage in most cases when on teams and will most likely kill up to 7 jetpackers before they hit the ground being that the distance is not too far and they have perfect aim. Also, since there's more jetpackers then shielders, shielders will naturally make more kills because there are so many packers to shoot at, which is common only in MvM 1 from what I've seen.

Reason #2: MvM 2 (jetpackers win), jetpackers will have the advantage in this fight mostly because the map is arranged like an island so shielders must use their energy to move across the map. Depending on which team the shielders are on defines how much difference the disadvantage they have.

Reason #3: MvM 3 (jetpackers win), there is no real advantage for any team because each player has perfect aim and the map is relatively huge, meaning jetpackers can't rush like mad-men to their deaths without being destroyed before they can do a lot of damage to more than one shielder. Shielders also can't overtake either because even with perfect aim packers have the ability to dodge rockets, homers, and proxies when at great distances.

This is the best result I can predict given the scenerio and factors. Of course, there are more factors that can be specified. Oh and Exloderman, you got BURNED.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Shielders will win on all maps.

Reason: any half-assed shielder can (or should be able to) beat decent 2 jetters.

As for MvM2, don't forget the area infront of the base, and it doesn't take too much energy to move around, just need to make sure you don't jump too far.

MvM3, who would waste ammo shooting at something that's barely in range? The only real diffirence on this map is, players are very likely to be scattered around the entire map. So you can't really gang up on each other too much, making it more 1.5 jetter v 1 shielder at most times.

Another great question of life awnsered.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Better. Now with all factors constant, jetpackers lose on MvM 1, win on MvM 2 and have a draw on MvM 3.

Reason #1: MvM 1 (shielders win), shielders seem to have better advantage in most cases when on teams and will most likely kill up to 7 jetpackers before they hit the ground being that the distance is not too far and they have perfect aim. Also, since there's more jetpackers then shielders, shielders will naturally make more kills because there are so many packers to shoot at, which is common only in MvM 1 from what I've seen.

Reason #2: MvM 2 (jetpackers win), jetpackers will have the advantage in this fight mostly because the map is arranged like an island so shielders must use their energy to move across the map. Depending on which team the shielders are on defines how much difference the disadvantage they have.

Reason #3: MvM 3 (jetpackers win), there is no real advantage for any team because each player has perfect aim and the map is relatively huge, meaning jetpackers can't rush like mad-men to their deaths without being destroyed before they can do a lot of damage to more than one shielder. Shielders also can't overtake either because even with perfect aim packers have the ability to dodge rockets, homers, and proxies when at great distances.

This is the best result I can predict given the scenerio and factors. Of course, there are more factors that can be specified. Oh and Exloderman, you got BURNED.

And how did I get burned?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Xentek wrote:Shielders will win on all maps.

Reason: any half-assed shielder can (or should be able to) beat decent 2 jetters.
True, but you forget that all players have the same abilities so it's not that simple. MvM 2: makes sense I guess.. Unless your thinking you can dodge five rockets in all directions without jumping into the middle, and which going to the sides leads to a damaged you.

Mvm 3: Again, you forget that all players have the same level of training, not to mention how fast a packer can travel. So that being said, I doubt shielders can get close enough to fire a close range proxie before the jetpacker rushes you or runs away.
Exploderman wrote:And how did I get burned?
SPrinkZ wrote:All right after careful consideration, to make this a bit more realistic.

Let's say seven shielders verses thirteen jetpackers, all have played the same amount of time, all of the same aptitude, no one is a cripple a gimp, or a retard.

Everyone is normal, no medical or emotional problems, and all have played for at least a year. The shielders have perfect timing, and have never played with eachother before, their aim is all the same, the jetpackers use a standard setup of grenade, flare, syringe, rocket proxy homer.

The shielders have a similar setup consisting of syringe, grenade, mine, rocket proxy homer.
DarkFalcoZ wrote:This is the best result I can predict given the scenerio and factors. Of course, there are more factors that can be specified.
Any questions? 8)
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

why did you quote me???