Fresh Meat

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Chronos
Kabuto's Playtoy

Fresh Meat

Post by Chronos »

Hey there everyone. I'm Chronos (or Chronosv2 in-game, as Chronos tends to be taken as a user ID). Just bought Giants yesterday, and I'm awaiting its arrival at my home. Once I've played through enough of the singleplayer storyline, I hope to play amongst you all online in the dedicated server.

Since I'll be receiving the product sometime later today (currently 1:40AM EST (GMT-5)), aside from the 1.4 patch and GMM, what other things should I download?

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to playing alongside/against you all!
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

When you will be used to the original graphics, you should install the Geforce3Patch and the Giants Graphical Revision Mod (GRM), in order to see the difference :P
King
Administrator

Post by King »

1.4 patch is the only item you'll need for single player. However, you should be aware that the 1.4 patch disables cheats while 1.0 and 1.1 allow cheats.

We welcome you to Giants and await your arrival into the multiplayer community. For multiplayer, the two items you mentioned (1.4 patch and GMM) are the crucial items you'll need. Some additional items you may want to consider are:

a) Map pack 1 - Additional maps that some servers require.
b) Geforce 3 patch - As Glude mentioned, a visual enhancement. Not required for anything.
c) GRM - Sound/visual enhancement. Not required for anything.

You'll find the most popular files by searching the GiantsWD database:

http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/?page=1& ... mit=Search
Chronos
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Chronos »

Thanks. On the topic of cheats, I keep myself to a high standard and won't let myself cheat, so I'll be installing the 1.4 patch right off the bat.

Thanks again for the info, and I'll be seeing you all around. :D
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

and of course, you'll need gamespy to play online
Chronos
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Chronos »

Noted that from the front page. Thanks for the info all the same. And I guess it might take a bit longer than I expected to ship. Hopefully I'll have GCK on Monday. :P At least I have all the suggested apps/tools (and then some) downloaded.