Lets have a tourny, why not :-)

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Lets have a tourny, why not :-)

Post by CellularAscension »

Lets start a new singles or team tournament for MvM for the hollween break in the school year, if we open an entry register now im sure we would get plenty of people in by the time the tournament starts.
I've only been in one tournament since i started playing and it wasnt verry expansive :( lets see if we can get something good going.
Samurai
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Samurai »

im in, although for playing games it depends if i can get into the lobby on GSA - but if its dedicated server then theres no probs :D
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Well this is nothing official.. yet.. I just made this to see if we can get it done. well, we have two in so far.. i think it's going well :D

Im sure you can get the IP of a host easily enough. Technically it wouldnt be too hard.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

I'm not sure if i will play but i still can host a game if you want.
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Lets have a tourny, why not :-)

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

CellularAscension wrote:Lets start a new singles or team tournament for MvM for the hollween break in the school year, if we open an entry register now im sure we would get plenty of people in by the time the tournament starts.
I've only been in one tournament since i started playing and it wasnt verry expansive :( lets see if we can get something good going.
YOu have a holloween break? no fair...lol... but a tournament sounds good anyway! :)
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Err, ya, it's called mid-term. It's like 'spring break' but in Autumn.A'ight?
:D
Samurai
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Samurai »

we dont have a holiday at hallowe'en but we do have an autumn 1, not sure when it is tho...

better get started learning how to shield (i R packz0r)
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

well it wont matter much. What ever time suits most people. I would realy like if more people would put their names foward tho. King, if you're out there, what d'ya think? A singles tourny with two divisions : Jetter and Shielder. i would realy like to see at least 20 different people participate; i know it's not likley, but lets see if we can reach that goal.
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

K, sounds good....anyhing to bring some excitement to the game lol (our mid-term is in the winter)

P.S. maybe u should just PM king and tell him about it personally...it guarantees he getsthe massage! :wink:
King
Administrator

Post by King »

The problem with tournaments is simply the lack of commitment. It is VERY difficult to get a group of 8 individuals to show up on the same day, time with this game. If you guys feel dedicated enough and believe you have enough people, feel free to host an unofficial tournament and announce it on the main page of GiantsWD.
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Aye aye, Ill say it here first:
Im proposing two singles tournaments; Packer and Shielding divisions
Im gonna try to add as much flexability to the timing of tournament matches as possible.
If your interested Please E-mail me your player name and Devision (or, if you wish Divisions) and i will get back to you. The E-Mail address is: Cellularascension@hotmail.com
Im gonna keep regrestration open until the 31st of October and all matches wil be hosted from then on. I wish all entrants the best of luck. See you on the battle field...
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

CellularAscension wrote:Im proposing two singles tournaments; Packer and Shielding divisions
Wont work out if you ask me.
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

Y u say that? :?: :?: :?:
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Ammount of people mostly. Even if it does go through, we wont be looking at very big groups anyways. Unless we would be able to participate in both jetter and shielder tournament. But personally I think you should have it stick to one group, no matter if one's a shielder or a jetter.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

instead of talking about the tournament we should just have the tournament, when and if alot of people come online we can have it at that time doesnt matter if there are no neos there :P
they should have their own ;)
anyway, as king said, its really hard to get 8 people atleast online at the same time to have the tournament.. some play longer then others which drags the tournament for many hours sometimes that happens..