Lets have a tourny, why not :-)

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Well, if you want team matches, just let a bunch of people sign up and place them in random groups of 2. Now you could do this jet + shield teams, or just whatever each individual wants to use, that's still open. Also, you could let the teams change every round (which will probably turn out to be a nightmare in the end though, best not to use it) Then you simply throw them on either MvM1, or a decent tournament GMM map and have them kill each other. The good thing about random team members, is the fact that it shows how good you can work with others you barely know or played with. This will also kill the screwy bs about clan members joining each other and being some kind of uber team.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Darkruler-dragon wrote:Well, if you want team matches, just let a bunch of people sign up and place them in random groups of 2
Personally, I'd find that less enjoyable than a 1v1 tournament. Speaking of which, one of the big reasons we're not really interested in singles tournaments is because after all this time we're pretty much sick of dueling.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

RichardMH wrote: I have no idea when this game was released :P but It feels longer then 7 years since I bought this game..
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/giants-citizen-kabuto/

Note release date.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

December 7, 2000

2 days after my birthday? it feels longer then 5 years.. feels like Ive had the game since 7th grade. :?
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Post by CellularAscension »

Vince: sure, that's a fairly good idea but i can see people bitching about being teamed up with ''n00bs'' and saying how unfair it is. But, i cant see enough people signing up for this. What could be done is a third party (non participant) could see the entrants and pair people off into what he/she considers to be fair teams.
I doubt that the 1 packer and 1 shielder thing would work out, because the numbers wouldnt support that easily, but if it could-ya ok cool : D.

All in favor of adding 'Blind date' teams to the tourny say: ''AYE!''
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

if you want it to be random, who teams up with who, you can use a number creating tool: http://www.random.org/sform.html
each player has a special number and the numbers that ends up close to eachother will be the team..
if we have 10 players add 1 in the first box and 10 in the 2nd.. you will get random numbers for the slection of teams.
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

that's interesting.... :)
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

I use it sometimes for online lottery :P
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Post by CellularAscension »

The teams tourny wouldnt work out well as a seperate division but i tried to incorperate it into each division that i have set already..

When the tourny begins i will give people a message, at the begining of the month, giving them a list of entrants they have to jet duel and/or Shield duel (as appropiate) and they will have untill the end of the month to complete as many of these matches as possible and the results will eb collected at the end of the month, assesed and an appropiate number of leaders, in terms of win/loss/matches played, (appropiate number depends on how many are entered into the tourny) and those selected will proceede to the second round.

The second round im still trying to come up with good ideas for, but right now here is one ive pieced together while reading this thread:
Those selected to enter the second round will be matched up via Hellstrand's magick random number thingy majig, then each team will play each other team like in round 1, and the 2 leading teams will advance to the third and final round.. with 2 players per team, that's 4 persons to the final round.

the third and final round will consist of 4 contestants, all playing in a free for all 4-way MvMvMvM match. the first contestant to reach a set score wins.

That's my idea for the tourny as a whole, hopefully we'll get the numbers to support the ideas given, and if you have any ideas you wanna see done, please say something, this isnt my tournament, it's yours.
See you on the battle field...
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

Souind like u have this all planned out! :)

Richard- hehehehe evcer won this online lottery? hehehe
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

CellularAscension wrote:the third and final round will consist of 4 contestants, all playing in a free for all 4-way MvMvMvM match.
no thanks
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

Darkruler-dragon wrote:
CellularAscension wrote:the third and final round will consist of 4 contestants, all playing in a free for all 4-way MvMvMvM match.
no thanks

what do u mean? pleez elaborate!
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Well, MvMvMvM doesn't work for one. MvMvM does however, but red teams lags it up pretty badly, and the 0.2 points they get each kill and -1 from each too hard landing or fish feed death could mess up the score as well.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Darkruler-dragon wrote:Well, MvMvMvM doesn't work for one. MvMvM does however, but red teams lags it up pretty badly, and the 0.2 points they get each kill and -1 from each too hard landing or fish feed death could mess up the score as well.
MvMvMvM works, kinda...

• Team white spawns where team red spawns
• Team white's base does not work (if I remember correctly)
• Team red is fucked up (see above)
• The only MvMvMvM map in existence is an ugly pile of sh**.

Furthermore, the entire concept of randomized teams in a tournament is idiotic. Randomized teams = Your performance is based on luck - You either get Tasiin plopped on your team and own, or you get BBD-Dragonheart and get disqualified when he cheats.
Randomized teams would also make much of the fun go out of the team games - instead of playing with one of your friends, you'll be playing with some random schmuck who may or may not want to work with you as a group.
I think you need to take the entire concept back to the drawing board.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Well, personally, I would just like 1v1 matches. Simple and hardly anything can go wrong with it. Also you can have a fair ammount of matches that way. But alot of people don't want to do that it seems.