1.5 Feature Request

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Patching a game is mainly for debugging it. I think that in the future, you guys should think first before giving out gameplay change requests. New weapons... more races... that is NOT going to happen. Focus on the bugs, and that alone will make a much better gameplay environment.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

GibLit wrote:Patching a game is mainly for debugging it. I think that in the future, you guys should think first before giving out gameplay change requests. New weapons... more races... that is NOT going to happen. Focus on the bugs, and that alone will make a much better gameplay environment.

I was having fun asking for things that are never gonna happen. :(
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

"U may say im a dreamer..." :D
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

jetpack, it might be usefull
kabby have it hard enough then to slow him down even more
kabby grip? dont think its possible
use vimp souls to get the lost spells back.. (left shift and the spell you wanna add, tornados arent possible to add more then one)
walk with your meccs (2, return..) and get close to a vimp meat or a smartie and they will pick it up..
voice chat is REALLY annoying, my god, Tribe >_<
the reaper fly/turbo fast enough, use the jump button and when you hit land press jump and she will "fly" alittle more
the mecc health is weak if you compair it with reapers..
Ammar
Yan the Pimp

Post by Ammar »

Hmmm...I was wondering if this would be easy enough to do. How about having an improved chat system where you can actually type /msg <name> Message. About information on teh patch, wht dont we just make a thread in which only Null, Olden, Infinity7, etc. can post once a week or once in 2 weeks. :D
Devilinhell
Yan the Pimp

Post by Devilinhell »

So do we have any news yet..? :D

Devil, :twisted:
King
Administrator

Post by King »

I like Ammar's idea. It might be more of a motivation to keep information current. However, forums are not structured to restrict individual topics from being posted in by certain individuals. It is possible to accomplish with a category, but that might add more confusion about the Patch 1.5 section already established.
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Hey Null, do you know what the maximum texture resolution is in giants ?

When I make a sky, I havent been able to go higher than 100dpi.

If this could be upped it would be good.

also, if possible, increase the texture resolution on models, so ppl can import even better looking skins.

also, not really part of the patch, but could you add .ter (terragen) support to GiantsEdit ?
Last edited by Loop_Goose on Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Do you mean GiantsEdit, rather than GiantsWD?
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

dont give null so much work... if i were him i'd be burning my eyes out with all those requests...

heh, burning my eyes out, im brilliant :roll:
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Loop_Goose wrote:Hey Null, do you know what the maximum texture resolution is in giants ?

When I make a sky, I havent been able to go higher than 100dpi.

If this could be upped it would be good.

also, if possible, increase the texture resolution on models, so ppl can import even better looking skins.

also, not really part of the patch, but could you add .ter (terragen) support to giantswd ?
The size of the textures is limited by your hardware.
If you are to increase the size of textures, you should multiply both the width and height of the texture by 2, 4 8, etc.
Don't make them too big to avoid hardware compatibility problems
Ammar
Yan the Pimp

Post by Ammar »

Come to think of it why dont the creators of the gfroce renderer and patch start working on a gforce 4/FX patch? I know lolly is working a on a mecc model which comming along very nicely, so why not gather a team to improve the textures of the game etc. Together with the mecc enhancement patch, you have a completely changed game :D
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

planetmoon created the GeForce 3 renderer, all we can do is improve the textures
Ammar
Yan the Pimp

Post by Ammar »

Oh, well ok lets improve the textures with better resolution ones on all buildings and terain. Another thing I just thought of is, can we actually implement weather effects in multiplayer games? Like the rain in singleplayer...If so maybe we could create a great snow map.
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Thanks for that King :) I updated my post.

The size of the textures is limited by your hardware.
If you are to increase the size of textures, you should multiply both the width and height of the texture by 2, 4 8, etc.
Don't make them too big to avoid hardware compatibility problems

I dont think its my hardware, because I can make bigger textures, but if I save like a sky that is 120dpi or 150dpi, and try importing it into Giants it doesnt seem to work.

I just updated my videocard, and flashed its BIOS... now its an
ATI X800XT PE 256MB. This should be able to handle more than 100dpi surely ;)