let's finish this slackers

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

dannyscorps
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by dannyscorps »

It doesn't matter if they look like humans..they're not humans at all..actually, that's what's very original in this game. Think about it. Humans are not even mentioned in it. It's a totally alien universe. It's supposed to be like that..and it's AWESOME. Green blood suits the game well, really. You can see red blood in almost every other game, too, and that's because in almost EVERY OTHER GAME, there are human characters. But not here. Green blood is ok.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Green blood? .-. if you kill an alien like in Doom or Quake or sth like that, then maybe... But look, Meccs, smarties and Reapers aren't humans but they are like HUMANOID creatures. Meccs or smarties with green blood would look awful if I imagine that... And Delphi... She's a friggn woman goddammit, I don't care if she came from the sea and she casts spells! If you give her green blood then even boobs won't make anyone happy.
dannyscorps
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by dannyscorps »

What you just said doesn't make sense..they're aliens, they can have freakin' black or purple blood and it's perfectly normal. Delphi may look like a woman but she's obviously not HUMAN, so she doesn't need to have the same properties as a normal boring human being..also, the boobs part is pointless, it's not like she bleeds nostalgia critic faces :| The green blood is not.."turn off" or..whatever you wanted to suggest, I don't know, what you said is just weird :)))))
dannyscorps
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by dannyscorps »

Anyway, this whole debate is pointless. What matters the most is what the developers intended to bring into the game, so if the red blood is the first blood in the game, then so be it. I'm just saying that I think it's very ironic, in a way, that the green blood suits the game better than the original one. I'll stick with the original one from now on, anyway :)
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

hey man, you can't consider every creature an alien, remember some movies like star wars, there is some creatures that I would consider an animal not an alien, it has red blood, if you're from another planet it doesn't mean you're an alien.

I agree with Reventon, it was the only reason I stopped using green blood, reapers and smarties bleeding green looks very weird for me. For rippers, SRM and even meccs, the green blood looked awesome! It's just my opnion though '-'

yea, I don't think worth discuss this here, since the new patch will focus on bugs fixing, I hope
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Yeah I agree everyone has its own idea on how should the blood look. If we would like to change its (blood's) properties in next patch, then i think we should take a compromise here. And by compromise I mean a special setting like in Serious Sam. I didn't know if you have ever played it, but there is a setting allowing players to change blood to red, green or even hippie (no blood, just flowers xD). In Serious Sam 3 there was even a Halloween blood setting. And I reckon that kind of thing would do.

And I've just reminded myself that Delphi simply doesn't bleed in the game, only her Reaper friends (who are in single player).
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

It would be a bit more complex, like setting the blood color for each creature or group of creatures

She does. Remember when kab smash her xD
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

1. Setting separate colours for each creature/character's group would be, well... too complex. If someone rly wanted it, let him download a special mod or something.
2. You are right there with kab smashing :)
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

yea smashing or eating u can see the blood gushin

Who knows a new version of GRM but its unlikely