Multiplayer Noob here....

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

SzayelGranz
Kabuto's Playtoy

Multiplayer Noob here....

Post by SzayelGranz »

I had been playing Giants for a long time now,and I love this game a lot!
I recently discovered the multiplayer system,and downloaded all the maps and game spy! does anyone still play online?And if You do ,when?Please let me know and join! :D
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Hi,

It is very cool to hear that we have 2 new players joining GCK in a week. It is also very cool to hear that you speak English :D because it will make our communication easier. Sadly though, you didn't need to download maps and gamespy. Nowadays we have only 2 servers 24/7 and they have their own limited map pool. So, you don't need all of the maps. You just enter a server and if you don't have the map running at the moment, Giants will automatically download it in seconds. Another thing: nobody is using Gamespy now .-. We still do play, although we have very little players and it is a rare situation to meet more than 8 people. Usually we play in the evenings, GMT. If you want to know if there is somebody on the server just download Giants desktop client from http://gckms.no-ip.org/lobby

http://gckms.no-ip.org is a site where you can see if there is anyone on the 1st server: Giants Dedicated Server, but it is more comfortable to check it from the desktop client. The other server is GiantsWD.org. We play on both of them.

We hope you will join us in the game! I also reccomend our YouTube channels, where we put Giants gameplays and crazy stuff:
-oldgamers100
-oldgamers101
-oldgamers102

Yeah, the names are pro .-.
SzayelGranz
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by SzayelGranz »

Hey!
Thanks for the reply!I downloaded Game spy just in case...its quite sad to hear that such a less number play such an awesome game!I downloaded the desktop client as you said,but what to fill in parameter?

Thanks in advance!I`ll try to join in the multiplayer as soon as i can! :P
greatkabuto
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by greatkabuto »

so, is there any server online anymore?

both urls seems to not work :( nor the ip that it resolves to 173.73.197.130

Thanks... looking forward to play this again in multiplayer!
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

You have to download the 1.497 BETA patch to play online. After it is installed you should see the server up when you try and join a game.

Here you can find the patch. It's the second download.
http://www.giantswd.org/?file=2

There are still some players roaming around. And we sometimes try to organise games here. Some players use steam to contact other players.
WookieBro
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by WookieBro »

Hey guys, just downloaded the patch and its works!! Used to smash this game as a kid but on the PS2 need people to be online is there ever any events or organizing that goes into multiplayer ?
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

WookieBro wrote:is there ever any events or organizing that goes into multiplayer ?
Add one of us on steam, when theres a match goin we shout the hell out of each other to join.