SkyReap Teleport > Meccaryn Teleport why ? >.>

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

STUVash
Kabuto's Playtoy

SkyReap Teleport > Meccaryn Teleport why ? >.>

Post by STUVash »

Hi. I'm an occasional player of Giants, and I'm planning to make a huge LAN party again with some friends.

I'm askin' for the ability to build a teleporter on the flyin' tower for Meccaryns and the ability to fly higher with helicopters.

Or remove the ability to build a teleporter on the flyin' tower for SkyReapers.

Reasons below.

I've been playing Giants for a long time now, I've realised quite fast that SkyReapers had many advantages that Meccaryns didn't have. Most ain't really bothering me, but two things.

It's not about their spells, their ability to swim, or to heal in the water, or to fly faster or that kinda stuff.

I realised Sky Reapers could build a teleporter in the water AND on their Invisible Tower. If you've got some time you can even build an invisible tower so far from the ground it couldn't be visible even if it wasn't invisible.

Then all sky reapers gotta do is to put the teleporter somewhere in the water, it'll take a lot of time for the opponents to figure where it is since Kabuto and Meccaryn can't swim.

It's part of the charm of the game you know : why not ? But here's the thing : Meccaryns can't put their teleporter on their non-invisible tower, and the helicopter can't fly that high to reach a 5th invisible tower.

The SkyReaper team can build 3 invisible towers one above each other. Then destroy the two below the last one, build two others, and put a teleporter on the last one. Makin' the invisible tower absolutely 'invincible'.

Also thanks for still being alive :roll:
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I don't think the teleporter issues will be addressed anytime soon, but your suggestions are good.

In the meantime, the best alternative you can do with the mecc teleporter is to stick a tower on the side of a tall mountain and hide a teleporter and some turrets in it.

As far as the reapers being able to build towers above the dome ceiling, leave them alone if you can't find them. The connecting teleporter is usually connected to the ground somewhere, so go after that instead.

If you do that, the towers should be less accessible to the reapers if the buildings are above the dome ceiling.