Problem with building and smarties in Version 1.497 BETA

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

trew01
Kabuto's Playtoy

Problem with building and smarties in Version 1.497 BETA

Post by trew01 »

please someone whos still alive help me. im building a large group of like 60 of us to get this game going again and we all own it so. we are using the newest patch here Version 1.497 BETA.

our bug is this:

when in a game like capture the smartie or any base building.

when you send the smarties to work the follow bugs might happen randomly:

1) sometimes it will say 1/5 smarties are working even though nothing is being built.

2) sometimes the smarties will do nothing even if you tell them all to work until you destroy the building they were working on and then destroy the place they get food.

those seem to be the only 2 bugs so is there a fix for this something i can do to make it so they dont bug up? has this been found already? is it something with my server since i always host?

its not dedicated i just start a normal game and have them join.

any help would be greatly appriciated

edit: I found another bug besides the smartie and building bug (which is confirmed if i destroy the smarties food supply or party house..it fixes it >.>)

i ran into a bug where when the game is starting and someone joins it says they are on the mecc team yet they are a reaper.

so when i correct it by switching them to a reaper team t bugs up by saying they are at the enemy base when they are not and they cant drop off smarties or anything. only fix is to end the game and restart the map.
trew01
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by trew01 »

please anyone help i will pay you for a fix even its the only bug ive seen the smarties saying they are working but they dont do a thing....

its random but seems to happen in every game played when doing base build.

thanks again to ANYONE who helps T_T
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

never seen that happen before but I'll see if I can try to test it sometime on my own.

on a side note, are you sure they have enough food to work? IIRC you can tell them to work and it'll list there being workers but if they're hungry they won't do anything until they eat.
trew01
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by trew01 »

yes quite sure about the food but ill test it again just to be sure.

its like the worker is bugged or something idk.. it hasnt done it recently as long as i switch smarties to 0 then back to 15 after the game starts.... so idk

also is it normal for vimps to lag somewhat? like when they run? sometimes they stop and then u see them pop up 6 feet the direction they are facing.

i remember playing on the OLD 1.1 patch that they released but im loving ur patch more.

thank you kindly again for your responses. look forward to hearing back from you.

I know this is kinda a dead game but im reviving it with my friends hehe....