Problem I'm having with Patch 1.497

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

FellipeCC
Kabuto's Playtoy

Problem I'm having with Patch 1.497

Post by FellipeCC »

Hi Guys! I came here to tell that recently I'm having a problem with the patch 1.497.
But I'll start tell from before it.

Well, some weeks ago, a problem that a problem that tortured me when i was on my first days playing Giants online came back again: everytime i enter a server i'm kicked. Then i decided to create a server instead of enter one; All was good till my friend enters my server, because after he enters it he got kicked. I had this problem all the day. At the end of the day i decided to reinstall Giants.

I go to the Giants folder and ran UnInstall.exe, Uninstalled it, installed again. At this point I tested Giants and it runs well, i even played singleplayer.
After I installed patch 1.497.
I run Giants and the first three "screens" appears : The Digital Mayhem, Planet Moon Studios and the Giants Citizen Kabuto screen with a screenshot, After it the problem:
Instead of my Giants starts load, My PC simple restarts! (No, my Giants don't close and the Windows starts finish, it simple restarts as if I pressed the reset button at the CPU).
And this is the problem I'm having! My pc restarts! And I tryed to not reinstall giants and instead delet the whole folder. I also tryed to install the patch 1.4. But patch 1.4 don't makes my Pc restarts, only 1.497!
I don't know what to do since now. Please someone help me!!!
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Try deleting gg_dx8r.dll in your Giants folder.
FellipeCC
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FellipeCC »

OH YEAH! IT WORKS! THX TASIIN! :D