Ammo

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Ammo

Post by Giants Freak »

Hi, been trying to guess my old password the whole day :S
finally got it, but what about add more ammo to the game like from 25 prox to 35, lots of people dont have ammo in the middle of a fight..

kinda sucks
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

totaly agree with Giantsfreak

more ammo plz
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

I think prox has enough, maybe 30, but the rocket doesn't have enough ammo, it's shoots a bit like RPG, which has 35, I think you should reduce RPG ammo to 30 and/or increase rocket ammo to 15, and all other weapons which have 12 as max.
but the maximum mines per team is still a bit low, this way, only 4 players per team can have mines, which is annoying, but I don't know if it's already fixed in 1.497
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

You're supposed to run out of ammo sometimes. I've never seen my team run out of mines in 1.5 though with the increased limit, even in a few ~16 player MvM games. Old mines automatically detonate after a few minutes which helps a lot. In 1.4 there was always a few mines out in the middle of nowhere left by someone chasing a shielder to a secluded part of the map that counted towards the limit.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Mecc machinegun has to be 2400 ammo as it was originally, and not 600.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Why? With 600 it's capable of doing over 7,000 damage, Kabuto has 2,000 hp.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:Mecc machinegun has to be 2400 ammo as it was originally, and not 600.
The ammo counter on the machine gun never worked properly prior to the 1.497 beta - you never had 2,400 bullets to begin with. If you look at 1.4's machine gun, you'll notice that shooting one bullet does not decrease your ammunition by one - further, it doesn't always drain the same amount per shot.
Last edited by Zopharks on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Yeah, it used to drain about 3 per shot for me. 2400/3=800 which means the ammo only went down a few hundred for most people.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Z0PharX wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:Mecc machinegun has to be 2400 ammo as it was originally, and not 600.
The ammo counter on the machine gun never worked properly prior to the 1.497 beta - you never had 2,400 bullets to begin with. If you look at 1.4's machine gun, you'll notice that shooting one bullet does not decrease your ammunition by one - further, it doesn't always drain the same amount per shot.
Did you played the first version of this game ?
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

:roll:

It takes several minutes of nonstop firing to empty out 600 bullets.
Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Giants Freak »

ok, now we know about the machine gun , but what about the other ones?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

What about them? I haven't seen a decent reason to increase Mecc ammo in this thread.

"Lots of people don't have ammo in the middle of a fight" - what kind of fight are we talking about? There's only a few situations I can think of.

if you run out of ammo in an MvM you've likely got a few kills already or someone else has and you've been helping. After seeing some action you're likely low on health and should return to your base or have picked up enemy syringes along with more ammo unless that person purposefully switched to their blaster before dying or were out themselves. You could also be repair packing and people just haven't cared enough to take you out, but I haven't seen anyone seriously use it other than me.

If you happen to be in a shielding duel and run out of ammo, that just means you need to examine what you're doing wrong that is keeping you from killing the other guy before running out. If you really focus on what weapon you use and when in addition to hitting in order to do the most consecutive and consistent damage, you'll find yourself being a much better duelist.

If you run out of ammo camping someone, then you deserve it. If you run out of ammo fighting Kabuto, that's just balance. If you run out of ammo fighting a reaper, she likely has as well... but I guess might still have some spells.

Also, the RPG has more ammo than the rockets because sometimes that's all you have (either being camped in your base, or playing BB) and the damage sucks, not to mention it's almost completely useless against flying targets unless you're extremely close, at which point you'll likely get raped by whoever it is you're fighting. At least the rocket has such a massive damage radius you can hurt people flying low with it.
Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Giants Freak »

Agreed, topic closed?