Reporting Bugs

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

roma342
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by roma342 »

Hello. After updating 1.497 clever men began to go not there all time, that is it is necessary to wait for them longer in the house of parties! Still they in it too hang! Please rectify an error!!!
Still I have a screen black when I play a multiplayer and in single game!
P.S.: add please a text Russifier in Giants:citizen kabuto
Forgive that I lift an old theme!
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

About russifier text: If you want it you must make it and send then.
Banana
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Banana »

Hi everyone... havent been here in a loooong time, not that i have been that much active than... not active at all actualy... anyway... and i havent playd Giants in a loooong time, so i installed it, and i installed the GPatch1496F and gess what... take a look at my post at the first page of this thread... yes, its the same problem as back then... the game takes me back to the desktop right after the very FIRST loading... no errors, just desktop...
please, i realy, REALY need help... please... :( :cry: :(
heres the error log...
http://rapidshare.com/files/429481872/errorlog.txt
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Sogeking wrote:...
heres the error log...
http://rapidshare.com/files/429481872/errorlog.txt
Link doesn't appear to be working. Can you try uploading it to another service like Megaupload?
Banana
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Banana »

here... i hope this one works...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SP7PUX9L
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

What type of CPU do you have? It looks like your processor is too old to support SSE, which means that 1.497 will not work for you at all. This problem should be addressed in the future, however.
Banana
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Banana »

AMD Athlon(tm)
meeeh, i should tottaly buy a new PC... ah well, its back to 1.4 for me than...
btw i tottaly appreciate you guys who are STILL working on and doing for this game... its AWESOME, Thank you all... :D
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Although my cpu might be a newer model, I'm using an AMD Athlon(tm) XP and the patch runs.
Banana
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Banana »

eeem... theres another thing, but 1.4 related, so i gess this place is good as any to tell/ask about this...
so, when i kill Sapho the animation begins where Yan brings help (Baz & Tel... i think), ok stop -both Meccs are strange, cuz thay dont have any textures on them, thay are all gray, exept fot some legs parts, purple part wich is a bit transparent, and the feet wich are kinda yellowish... the head visor is transparent, and everything else (body, arms, jetpack, etc...) are gray... without textures... it also continues to the next animation, the one where Delphi transforms herself into Kabuto... what am i to do?
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Sogeking wrote:eeem... theres another thing, but 1.4 related, so i gess this place is good as any to tell/ask about this...
so, when i kill Sapho the animation begins where Yan brings help (Baz & Tel... i think), ok stop -both Meccs are strange, cuz thay dont have any textures on them, thay are all gray, exept fot some legs parts, purple part wich is a bit transparent, and the feet wich are kinda yellowish... the head visor is transparent, and everything else (body, arms, jetpack, etc...) are gray... without textures... it also continues to the next animation, the one where Delphi transforms herself into Kabuto... what am i to do?
This bug is caused by the geforce 3 or graphical revision mecc version. This won't happen with the default mecc model.
eltharion_doa
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by eltharion_doa »

Tasiin wrote:
Quisp wrote:Keeps crashing to desktop at Dick Whittington Prison level. No problems up to that point.
This problem will be fixed in the next update. Patch 1.497 is currently being tested and should be released to the public before the end of the week.
Just installed Giants for the first time, got to this point and hit this crash - even after installing the latest 1.497 version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?biowlissedochj9

If that helps at all.
UtileDulci
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UtileDulci »

I have experienced 2 bugs:
-every texture went black, except for the sky, including rain I think;
-I couldn't build anything in Build Base mode, my opponent had to switch teams and start building the shield generator. Before that, I couldn't click on the + button to make smarties work.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Black textures are often thing on Precipice map, you need to rejoin the server to make it work again.