About the 1.5 patch

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

About the 1.5 patch

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

I've tested this version and i have to say that is a must have.
I only want to point some things (bugs ?):

-As i've expected, the new ability for kabuto to grab and throw small to medium sized palm trees (they have to be smaller than him, otherwise you cannot) ables him to eat them too ! but doesn't get back health. He can also feed his offsprings with palm trees.

-Where are the promised improved weather effects ? there's no weather both SP and MP (as far as i know) ! and the promised day to night period ?

-When roaring with kabuto, if you press the button "special cam" depending of the roar the cam will turn into free cam while you roar, and usually the angles are not good (ex. under the level of the terrain or behind mountains).

-When pressing the button command that orders your offprings move where you are, the sound of the offspring is displayed even without them.

-I've found this bug while playing in a 3 way game (3 way island I):

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... 1244253913

As you can see there's 3 offsprings :shock: ! This happened when i started playing as kabuto, maded two offsprings and then switched to Mecc team. Then, there's that Offpring that doesn't move, is dead but also still standing and doing some animations but doesn't attack or move of position. After that switched again to Kabuto team and done this picture, also this offspring doesn't respond to kabuto's orders.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

You need to turn on the weather effects through the graphic options.

Kabuto shouldn't heal from eatting trees because that wouldn't really make sence.

The special cam is a known bug and will be fixed later.

The third offsping is part of a few other bugs with the offspring, which will be fixed very soon.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

I've also got some problems

Normally, GiantsHook would turn the Mecc's stone walls brown, but they were white ingame (it may have been because of the map (Red Hills), but I'm not aware of any other color changes on any other maps).

Also, for some reason, when I move my mouse down, my view moves up, and when I move my mouse up, my view moves down. I don't know if this is a bug or a huge problem with my mouse.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Salazar wrote:I've also got some problems

Normally, GiantsHook would turn the Mecc's stone walls brown, but they were white ingame (it may have been because of the map (Red Hills), but I'm not aware of any other color changes on any other maps).

Also, for some reason, when I move my mouse down, my view moves up, and when I move my mouse up, my view moves down. I don't know if this is a bug or a huge problem with my mouse.
About the thing of the Mecc's stone wall is because the 1.5 patch disables GRM so the walls are the original one's and not the brown one's which looked better. Anyone knows how i can turn on weather effects ? there's no option in the options menu for that :( .
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
Salazar wrote:I've also got some problems

About the thing of the Mecc's stone wall is because the 1.5 patch disables GRM so the walls are the original one's and not the brown one's which looked better. Anyone knows how i can turn on weather effects ? there's no option in the options menu for that :( .

It should be under Graphic Options when you're playing, changing Weather Effects to High (or On)

Do you have a problem with your mouse, btw?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Salazar wrote:Do you have a problem with your mouse, btw?
i do not have any problems, i think urr mouse is FUBAR
Zopharks
Administrator

Re: About the 1.5 patch

Post by Zopharks »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:-As i've expected, the new ability for kabuto to grab and throw small to medium sized palm trees (they have to be smaller than him, otherwise you cannot) ables him to eat them too ! but doesn't get back health. He can also feed his offsprings with palm trees.
Being able to eat trees, but not regain any health from them is by design.
-Where are the promised improved weather effects ? there's no weather both SP and MP (as far as i know) ! and the promised day to night period ?
They're in. Not all maps have weather effects, however. In multiplayer, the weather effects are controlled by the server, and thus cannot be disabled at all.
Actually, it's GRM that changes the wall texture - the current version of GRM is not compatible with 1.5 however. Regarding your mouse, you might have enabled an option somewhere in the control menu to invert the vertical axis... I'm not at home right now, so I cant' check at the moment.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Z0PharX wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:-As i've expected, the new ability for kabuto to grab and throw small to medium sized palm trees (they have to be smaller than him, otherwise you cannot) ables him to eat them too ! but doesn't get back health. He can also feed his offsprings with palm trees.
Being able to eat trees, but not regain any health from them is by design.

-But looks ugly, kabuto is carnivore.
They're in. Not all maps have weather effects, however. In multiplayer, the weather effects are controlled by the server, and thus cannot be disabled at all.

-But, before there were maps with weather effects that now with the 1.5 patch are disabled. And in some map there's rain at the beggining but when the rain stops there's no more weather effects.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

[EDIT]

Nevermind, fixed it. It was under Mecc Configuration, and Mouse Sensitivity.

The mouse invert was off. Odd, never seen that function before.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

The offspring and weather problems are both known and will be fixed in a later update.

Salazar: installing patch 1.5 over a 1.4 installation will reset most of your settings to the defaults. If you had invert mouse on before, it would have been reset to off.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

I don't know if it's only me but i have constantly crashes of the game to the desktop. Something that with 1.4 patch never happened. For ex. my game crashed to the desktop when finishing a mission and loading the next level, or when attacking a reaperguard barracks with kabuto, and some time even loading a default mutiplayer level.
Banana
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Banana »

its not only u, its me to, exept that (to me) it crashes right after the first loading, u know, that loading after the planet moon logo, and than the giants logo, and than comes the loading, and when it finishes its all black and than it takes me back to the desktop...
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Sogeking wrote:its not only u, its me to, exept that (to me) it crashes right after the first loading, u know, that loading after the planet moon logo, and than the giants logo, and than comes the loading, and when it finishes its all black and than it takes me back to the desktop...
me2, and i also have the bug(i had it before 1.4 in my OLD pc with XP)
that the first launch time of giants when ive putt off my PC, it will crash
and the next time it will work, untill i reset/shutdown
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

If you installed 1.5 patch then installed 1.4 patch you will have many problems. Try reinstalling the original Giants, then 1.4 and everything should work fine. But, I don't know if you can play with everyone who has the 1.5 patch in games.

Best way to get all benefits is to have 2 seperate installation (temporarily) till Tas releases an updated beta 1.5. Till then, remember, it's a beta, not the final release.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Exploderman wrote:If you installed 1.5 patch then installed 1.4 patch you will have many problems. Try reinstalling the original Giants, then 1.4 and everything should work fine. But, I don't know if you can play with everyone who has the 1.5 patch in games.

Best way to get all benefits is to have 2 seperate installation (temporarily) till Tas releases an updated beta 1.5. Till then, remember, it's a beta, not the final release.
It's what i've done. I've updated to 1.5 from 1.4 and have crashes to the desktop.