Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

John McMecc
Kabuto's Playtoy

Patch 1.5

Post by John McMecc »

Hey,

I was playing the second part of the fith mecc chapter, The Battle, and I thought:

* If you make to saving during the gameplay possible, what some players demand can be solved, more or less: the chance to train playing against the AI. It should be better to have an specific map for that, but if that's not possible, to save during The battle may be enough. Besides, it would help to add an option to increase the heal and damage that reapermen and turrets cause, to increase the difficult depending on the player skills.

*If you increase more the repair weapon effect, it would be possible to play a "repair mecc" rol or something like that: a player who keeps the own base without damage. In matchs with more than 10 players can be useful. Or at least, it may worths a try.

Thats all.
Have fun.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Instead of just the zoom in button, possibly add a zoom out button? Or better yet a chance to link each zoom level to a seperate key.
Accus already said this might be more of a hassle than it's worth, I do see his point, but for me personally it would be a welcome addition.
Riku
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Riku »

~I think that a previous weapon/equipment set option would really be useful.
~Also, I thik that the fish eat you a little bit too fast to be realistic (its more like lava/boiling water).
~I remember there being a greenish glow that shows on the mecc when a homer is near, is that going to be added?
~You should definatley add grm weapon trails/new ones or teach me how to make my own :wink:
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

I don't like the idea of having a button to get equipment for you automatically. It'll take a little bit of skill out of the game. When you're being raided you have to get in and out of your shop quickly when it isn't destroyed, or get out on the field quicker to kill someone going back to their base if you happened to die. It takes about 2-3 seconds to get equipment and hit esc if you're good, yet you're gonna let someone new who usually takes 10-15 seconds get stuff just as quickly.

That greenish glow you're talking about might just be dynamic lighting on meccs, I don't think that will ever work on anything but the GF3 one.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

flares

Post by HellSnake »

hey tassin, can u mod the flares, if u shoot 1 rocket, u have to w8 some time to shoot a flare, that kinda sucks..

so make it able that u can shoot rockets and flares at same time
Zopharks
Administrator

Re: flares

Post by Zopharks »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:hey tassin, can u mod the flares, if u shoot 1 rocket, u have to w8 some time to shoot a flare, that kinda sucks..
I don't see an issue with it... even though I've pretty much always been a jetpack-oriented player, and thus have to rely heavily on flares to ward of homer spam and such.
GREZZO16
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by GREZZO16 »

hi to everyone
this is my first post and i want to share my idea for the final 1.5 patch.

i've read lot of pages and lot of suggestions, but not allt eh 15 pages, so apologize me if my suggestion has been already told.

What about building ONE ULTIMATE PATCH with all other patch/mappack/level6/blood/GRM/GMM (i don't know what gmm is, but i've read about it) included in just one patch?

yeah the 1.497f has lot of patches inside it, but not all: i don't know why all the GRM hasn't been included. i'm not a programmer so if you tell me that's impossibile to put it for the reason XXXXXX i'll believe you.

Yeah my idea isn't "gameplay" related, but having just one file to do everythong,will help to make the download section simpler (just one file) and noob-proof.

thank you for you efforts behind this AWESOME GAME that have birth almost 10 years!
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

GREZZO16 wrote: What about building ONE ULTIMATE PATCH with all other patch/mappack/level6/blood/GRM/GMM (i don't know what gmm is, but i've read about it) included in just one patch?
The 1.5 beta includes the best of the maps in the map pack, level 6, and the blood patch already. GMM is now obsolete due to 1.5's built-in support for the installation and downloading of custom maps. GRM will have to be rewritten in order to be compatible with 1.5 however, and that isn't likely to happen any time soon.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Tasiin wrote:
GREZZO16 wrote: What about building ONE ULTIMATE PATCH with all other patch/mappack/level6/blood/GRM/GMM (i don't know what gmm is, but i've read about it) included in just one patch?
The 1.5 beta includes the best of the maps in the map pack, level 6, and the blood patch already. GMM is now obsolete due to 1.5's built-in support for the installation and downloading of custom maps. GRM will have to be rewritten in order to be compatible with 1.5 however, and that isn't likely to happen any time soon.
That includes the release of the final 1.5 patch ?
GREZZO16
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by GREZZO16 »

Tasiin wrote: The 1.5 beta includes the best of the maps in the map pack, level 6, and the blood patch already. GMM is now obsolete due to 1.5's built-in support for the installation and downloading of custom maps. GRM will have to be rewritten in order to be compatible with 1.5 however, and that isn't likely to happen any time soon.
thank you for your quick answer.
anyway, the download section is a little bit confusing, since there are only a few details for each download: yeah the ones non-compatible are specified,but the fetures of the 1.497f (blood, mappack, level6, geforce3, etc....) , in my opinion, should be noted IN the download section.

thank you so much for your work and i hope to see other great works for this great game.

byeee
King
Administrator

Post by King »

GREZZO16 wrote:
Tasiin wrote: The 1.5 beta includes the best of the maps in the map pack, level 6, and the blood patch already. GMM is now obsolete due to 1.5's built-in support for the installation and downloading of custom maps. GRM will have to be rewritten in order to be compatible with 1.5 however, and that isn't likely to happen any time soon.
thank you for your quick answer.
anyway, the download section is a little bit confusing, since there are only a few details for each download: yeah the ones non-compatible are specified,but the fetures of the 1.497f (blood, mappack, level6, geforce3, etc....) , in my opinion, should be noted IN the download section.

thank you so much for your work and i hope to see other great works for this great game.

byeee
Good suggestion. I've added a link to the 1.5 patch notes page.
roma342
Kabuto's Playtoy

error

Post by roma342 »

Hello. After updating 1.497 clever men began to go not there all time, that is it is necessary to wait for them longer in the house of parties! Still they in it too hang! Please rectify an error!!!
P.S.: add please a text Russifier in Giants:citizen kabuto :!: :!: :!:
roma342
Kabuto's Playtoy

error

Post by roma342 »

Hello. After updating 1.497 clever men began to go not there all time, that is it is necessary to wait for them longer in the house of parties! Still they in it too hang! Please rectify an error!!!
P.S.: add please a text Russifier in Giants:citizen kabuto :!: :!: :!:
Forgive that I lift an old theme!
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

1. Is it good topic?
2. Use "Edit" option.
3. I don't understand you. You means that with partyhouse smarties is something wrong?
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Think hes complaining it takes too long for the Smarties to get into the party house.