Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:what the hell is "wrong" with kabuto's footprints?

if you think there's too many or too little of them, tos could probably implement an ingame slider for the old ghook decal pool

edit: I made a new texture assuming you guys wanted something that looked better, or had 3 toes like kab does instead of 4 in the original texture... or if you guys thought original was too dark

here is two textures, the one that starts with a - is a more transparent version of the other, even though I don't think it looks better I threw it in there anyway.

the only problem with them is that if you look really close you can tell it looks like kabuto has two left feet. I talked to tas about if he might be able to make kabuto have seperate textures for his feet for GRM2 but he hasn't responded about that
thanks, for me it looks better :D .
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:what the hell is "wrong" with kabuto's footprints?

if you think there's too many or too little of them, tos could probably implement an ingame slider for the old ghook decal pool

edit: I made a new texture assuming you guys wanted something that looked better, or had 3 toes like kab does instead of 4 in the original texture... or if you guys thought original was too dark

here is two textures, the one that starts with a - is a more transparent version of the other, even though I don't think it looks better I threw it in there anyway.

the only problem with them is that if you look really close you can tell it looks like kabuto has two left feet. I talked to tas about if he might be able to make kabuto have seperate textures for his feet for GRM2 but he hasn't responded about that
also noticed kabuto had 2 of same feet,
nice textures, what programs used? GIMP? adobe fotoshop?

and we were talking about the 4 feet texture and 3 feet kabuto and giants gamer wanted that fixed, so i made quickly my textures, but yours are better i think
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

photoshop, although any program supporting layers and soft brushes would work just fine. I looked at your texture and the problem with it is that it's entirely flat, which footprints aren't. I'd make the layer more transparent then make another to make areas that were more opaque, to create depth.

anyways, this crap has gone off topic again so I'm not gonna talk about it anymore here.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:photoshop, although any program supporting layers and soft brushes would work just fine. I looked at your texture and the problem with it is that it's entirely flat, which footprints aren't. I'd make the layer more transparent then make another to make areas that were more opaque, to create depth.

anyways, this crap has gone off topic again so I'm not gonna talk about it anymore here.
Thanks if you release that :D .
ShadyH
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by ShadyH »

wow congrats guys on getting the beta out. will check it out for sure
Shadow_Twister
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Shadow_Twister »

Reinstalling as I post.
Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

Can't find the 1.5 download for beta testing :) Noit in the topic it should be though. Congratz of making it happen. I am happy
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

I was playing it last night with a few people, and I like the changes :)
Crossmaniak
Yan the Pimp

Post by Crossmaniak »

Hmm. I think it's been 5 or 6 years ago now since I last played Giants, when I was 12.
I guess I'll reinstall it again sometime. I doubt anyone still knows me. (Oh boy, I'm all grown up now!)

Kindof a big surprise when I looked into my old email account and found an email about a Giants patch.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Crossmaniak wrote:I doubt anyone still knows me.
I remember you.
WattoDaToydarian
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by WattoDaToydarian »

Would it be too difficult to implement the use of the OpenAL API at some point so Giants can again utilize 5.1 surround sound in Vista/7?

This explains the situation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directsound#Windows_Vista

Thanks in advance!
John McMecc
Kabuto's Playtoy

Patch 1.5

Post by John McMecc »

Hey all,

First of all, the patch is awesome. If the stock game would have had the major changes, like the online integrated browser or the auto-loading .gck maps (belong a lot of very good changes), I think this game could be as Counter Strike or Age of Empires II: played massively through years and years.

Thanks to Tassin and the guys who helped him.

That said, the ideas I would like to see implemented are:
* Scrolling in the messages history window in-game.
* Enable an option to hide the smarties messages in the chat window and/or in the chat.log (if this file is implemented again [I didn't see it in the game main folder]).
* To balance the Kabuto Vs Mecc(s) games, to increase Kabuto max hit points each time a new player joins the match. Also, to decrease his original hit points if there is only one mecc. Or give to this mecc a good extra damage per hit (I don't mean to make easy to kill Kabuto. But a chance to do it).
* To add the option to show messages over your head. Hmm, I guess this would be very hard to implement, but asking is for free.
* I like the bush improvements, making it lasting long and being able to move faster. But I think it would be better if the movement is even faster and, specially for Capture the smartie games, to make the captured smartie invisible. Or to give him transparent textures (like some skins there are in the dowload sections). The bush is mostly useless. Increasing more the movement and making the capture smartie "invisible" it would give to he bush a real utility. It must be fun to search the mecc who got Yan/Borjoyze.

If adding the scrolling in the F2 window is not possible or too hard for the little benefit to be able to read all the messages since you connected, I would be happy just with the option to hide smarties messages.

Have fun.
Laterz
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Patch 1.5

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

John McMecc wrote: * To balance the Kabuto Vs Mecc(s) games, to increase Kabuto max hit points each time a new player joins the match. Also, to decrease his original hit points if there is only one mecc. Or give to this mecc a good extra damage per hit (I don't mean to make easy to kill Kabuto. But a chance to do it).
I thought of this a while back but decided it was a bad idea due to there being too big of a skill gap between players.
John McMecc
Kabuto's Playtoy

Patch 1.5

Post by John McMecc »

I thought of this a while back but decided it was a bad idea due to there being too big of a skill gap between players.
Allright.

*To do the equivalent auto-loading .gck with the skins, to see players with their current skins.
I know the patch is going to be ready in a few days. But for future changes/adds/fixes.

Have a nice day.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Patch 1.5

Post by HellSnake »

uhm, i was playing the beta of 1.5 and i have an idea...

in 1 vs 1 u have yan & boyjorzee as flag holders...
now in the beta with 1 vs 1 vs 1, u have yan, boyjorzee, boyjerzee.

now that's a little boring aint it?

so i thought, what smartie is 2 very important...?

so i thought of this
what about the flag holders:

Boyjorzee
Yan

AND....

TIMMAH!