Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:how is it hangin with the 1.5 patch?
That's what i'm asking myself. It's been a long time since the last info about the 1.5 patch.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Expect some news in a few days.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Tasiin wrote:Expect some news in a few days.
yay! :D
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

A public beta of patch 1.5 will be released on June 5th. See this page for more information.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Tasiin wrote:A public beta of patch 1.5 will be released on June 5th. See this page for more information.
Yes ! i have to say that this patch will be a great hit for the giants community ! I have a question: in the images, these are custom maps or they will be included in the patch ?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

those are custom multiplayer maps that will be included with the 1.5 patch, most of them are extensively reworked maps already for download on GWD, but at least one (maybe a few, can't remember) are brand new and made specifically for the patch.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:those are custom multiplayer maps that will be included with the 1.5 patch, most of them are extensively reworked maps already for download on GWD, but at least one (maybe a few, can't remember) are brand new and made specifically for the patch.
Great then :D .
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Tasiin wrote:A public beta of patch 1.5 will be released on June 5th. See this page for more information.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*CKIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but tassin, did u do anything with the mothership?
and else, when the 1.5 patch is released i'm going back to work on my space battle map :D

but did u fixed it that objects fly away when u place popup-bomb?
and can smarties now walk on platforms(objects)???
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Tasiin wrote:• Included the DirectX 8 renderer that shipped with the GeForce 3 version of Giants. This is enabled by default on graphics
cards that support it, and can now be toggled on or off in the graphics options menu.
isn't it possible to make a directX 10 renderer?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

can only answer for a few of those, but...
HellSnake(NL) wrote:but tassin, did u do anything with the mothership?
No, it's a terrible, worthless object with zero practical usability.
isn't it possible to make a directX 10 renderer?
Yes. Let us know when you're done with it.
About the graphics improvement, why don't fix the Kabuto footprints ?
Because it has zero effect on actual gameplay, and there were more important things to focus on.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

:roll:

All of the recent off topic posts have been split from this thread, and any further ones will be deleted rather than moved.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

hey tas... as much as peeps are complaining abut the kabuto footprints...
why don't use the 1 i made in the 1.5 patch?(to late for beta i quess but maybe for final version)

or would u like to make 1 rather urrself?
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:hey tas... as much as peeps are complaining abut the kabuto footprints...
why don't use the 1 i made in the 1.5 patch?(to late for beta i quess but maybe for final version)

He's not gonna do that, cause he said to me that there were more important things to focus in the 1.5 patch and deleted my reply with the question about the kabuto footprints.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:hey tas... as much as peeps are complaining abut the kabuto footprints...

He's not gonna do that, cause he said to me that there were more important things to focus in the 1.5 patch and deleted my reply with the question about the kabuto footprints.
yea, that's prob becouse he didn't want to make 1, but now al he's gotta do is add the kabuto_footprint.tga in the 1.5 install

EDIT: or tassin are u modding the GZP folders?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

what the hell is "wrong" with kabuto's footprints?

if you think there's too many or too little of them, tos could probably implement an ingame slider for the old ghook decal pool

edit: I made a new texture assuming you guys wanted something that looked better, or had 3 toes like kab does instead of 4 in the original texture... or if you guys thought original was too dark

here is two textures, the one that starts with a - is a more transparent version of the other, even though I don't think it looks better I threw it in there anyway.

the only problem with them is that if you look really close you can tell it looks like kabuto has two left feet. I talked to tas about if he might be able to make kabuto have seperate textures for his feet for GRM2 but he hasn't responded about that