Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

Make the smarties a playable race.

That and... one of my main issues was that when the reaper build a small shop near the mech base, they could cast a unlimited supply of whirlwinds. The mechs would fly high and never come down anymore. Fun for a few times, but after a while it gets boring. Can't it be done that whirlwind spells can only be recharged at the main shop in the reaper base, or is this a bad idea.

Thanks for any feedback
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Rollo wrote:Make the smarties a playable race.

That and... one of my main issues was that when the reaper build a small shop near the mech base, they could cast a unlimited supply of whirlwinds. The mechs would fly high and never come down anymore. Fun for a few times, but after a while it gets boring. Can't it be done that whirlwind spells can only be recharged at the main shop in the reaper base, or is this a bad idea.

Thanks for any feedback
lol u have been playing in accusnoetn server haven't you? :lol:
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Rollo wrote:Make the smarties a playable race.

Thanks for any feedback
Smarties were playable in the debug menu. Also your bug is so strange, i've never heard about it.
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

Why dont you add in the option to have playable offsprings for kabuto? like make it so other players can only play as them once kabuto lays an egg for them to spawn in, and they must eat smarties to get bigger like in singleplayer. i think that would be dead awsome to have playable kabuto and playable offsprings too plus it adds more playabability to kabuto team.

plus kabuto can use the fetch and kill commands for them as a sort of spotted thing to help the offspring players see players. enabling a pounce and a sprint and a walk mode. like the AI have.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:Why dont you add in the option to have playable offsprings for kabuto? like make it so other players can only play as them once kabuto lays an egg for them to spawn in, and they must eat smarties to get bigger like in singleplayer. i think that would be dead awsome to have playable kabuto and playable offsprings too plus it adds more playabability to kabuto team.

plus kabuto can use the fetch and kill commands for them as a sort of spotted thing to help the offspring players see players. enabling a pounce and a sprint and a walk mode. like the AI have.
Some things: kabuto's offsprings can only get bigger eating wimps, cannot eat smarties. Offsprings cannot attack buildings and in singleplayer the sea reapers, reapermen and rippers don't attack them, only turrets (in fact it would be an easy game and boring because you won't cause to get out the rippers and reapermen from the barracks). And the last one, if you were playing as them, once kabuto is killed the offprings too. So it would be a bad idea. But something they can do is to improve his AI because sometimes they're attacked but don't respond, and by feeding them they regenerate health (if i'm not wrong this has been already done in this new patch)
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

Well what if Kabuto layed eggs as spawn points, so even if kabuto died, the offsprings if eggs were about, could still be alive and spawn, as a lifecycle sort of thing, and i dont know why your worrying about reaper AI not being able to attack them and stuff cos this is multiplayer we're talking about lol, for all i care they can stay same in single player, just multiplayer offsprings could be playable. in a lifecycle sort of way. and just to let you know, the offsprings CAN eat smarties, cos i have commanded them to do it and they did so.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:Well what if Kabuto layed eggs as spawn points, so even if kabuto died, the offsprings if eggs were about, could still be alive and spawn, as a lifecycle sort of thing, and i dont know why your worrying about reaper AI not being able to attack them and stuff cos this is multiplayer we're talking about lol, for all i care they can stay same in single player, just multiplayer offsprings could be playable. in a lifecycle sort of way. and just to let you know, the offsprings CAN eat smarties, cos i have commanded them to do it and they did so.
Didn't noticed that, in my game offspring cannot eat or grab smarties (at least in SP). Do you mean that you start playing as an offspring and then by eating wimps and smarties you turn to kabuto ?
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

No you just grow to full size offspring becoming stronger,faster, and bigger which gives 3 kabuto team members.

and by the way, if this was to be implanted into 1.5, kabuto should be able to lay about 4 eggs for the offspring players to spawn from, and oh yeah, to stop them from spawning, the eggs could be destroyable by meccs and reapers. this way kabuto would have to lay them in strategic places and not just anywhere for players to spawn.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:No you just grow to full size offspring becoming stronger,faster, and bigger which gives 3 kabuto team members.

and by the way, if this was to be implanted into 1.5, kabuto should be able to lay about 4 eggs for the offspring players to spawn from, and oh yeah, to stop them from spawning, the eggs could be destroyable by meccs and reapers. this way kabuto would have to lay them in strategic places and not just anywhere for players to spawn.
And of course the egg duration should increase a lot, because the eggs opens inmediately after kabuto layed them. It could be cool controlling an offspring.
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

Exactly, egg duration needs to go up abit, but also to only make them hatch when a player chooses the specific egg like for example, they they were to become the offsprings, they could choose an egg to spawn in on the kabuto map, an egg would be on the map for wherever it was laid, like a battlefield sorta spawn. egg duration doesnt have to be increased by loads, as the player would want to spawn in quickly, maybe have them in the egg for about 5 seconds then it hatches. player comes out, starts small, weak, and vulnerable, goes hunting for smarties to get bigger, i dont think vimps should make it bigger only smarties like kabuto, vimps only would give health, once its eaten a certain ammount of smarties, it grows abit more etc until a full grown offspring.

Idea sound good?
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:Exactly, egg duration needs to go up abit, but also to only make them hatch when a player chooses the specific egg like for example, they they were to become the offsprings, they could choose an egg to spawn in on the kabuto map, an egg would be on the map for wherever it was laid, like a battlefield sorta spawn. egg duration doesnt have to be increased by loads, as the player would want to spawn in quickly, maybe have them in the egg for about 5 seconds then it hatches. player comes out, starts small, weak, and vulnerable, goes hunting for smarties to get bigger, i dont think vimps should make it bigger only smarties like kabuto, vimps only would give health, once its eaten a certain ammount of smarties, it grows abit more etc until a full grown offspring.

Idea sound good?
Sounds good. Offsprings have habilities that kabuto doesn't have like burrowing :D . It would be great controlling them, also there have to be in the menu a new option to configure his controls.
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

that shouldnt be too hard m8, just make the offspring character disappear and give player control of the mud coming up from the ground, they'll need to be a key for burrowing though. and probably a 20 second timer or a energy bar or something so that people dont camp underground.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:that shouldnt be too hard m8, just make the offspring character disappear and give player control of the mud coming up from the ground, they'll need to be a key for burrowing though. and probably a 20 second timer or a energy bar or something so that people dont camp underground.
I think that even in burrow mode they can be damaged by missiles and bombs like rippers.
suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

fair enough. so do you think my idea could be implanted into 1.5? since its likable and favourable.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Sorry - playable Offspring and/or Smarties are not plausible, the workload involved would be nothing short of legendary.