Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

LazrGunz !!!!!!!!!!
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

I just had a thought. How about giving players the choice to double or even tripple their stock of mines, grenades, or flares. What I mean is, say someone wants 16 grenades, as opposed to 8. They can sacrifice the spot they would otherwise use for mines or flares to stock up on extra grenades. So they would have syringe, grenade, grenade. If this is to be implemented, I think only 1 syringe should be be stockable at a time, but all the other secondary items would be fair game.
Carlern-tk
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Carlern-tk »

I agree with GibLit.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

It would be very cool the possibility, as someone said before, to have double pistols (they are more accurate, can shoot targets wich are more far than the current pistol couldn't and causes more damage). Also could be a good idea to increase the jet fuel duration.
Hunterdm
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Hunterdm »

I was so shocked when I got the email about a new patch in the works :D!

I'm glad you guys are working hard to balance the game further, and fix many of the bugs that could hurt a good game experience. I also like the direction you are taking with improving the Mecc backpack upgrades and Reaper abilities. I think this will really improve the game, and provide more of a challenge trying to kill the other team.

I'll be watching this project, and if I come up with something that hasn't already been suggested, I'll let you know.

I really hope this patch brings a wave of new, and original players back to this game, as I would hate to see it fade. This is one of those games that you can just come back to and have a good time playing, and that's what makes it so good 8).
DniFan
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by DniFan »

Okay, so, this is awesome.
This was my very first online multiplayer game. I was so amazed by seeing people from other countries talking to me and shooting me (lol).

Anyway, if you need any coding assistance, contact me. I'm a very experienced C(++) coder. (Can do ASM as well ^_^).

I'll be following this.
<----- Apparently, I joined this forum 5 years ago! :o
Pinchy
Yan the Pimp

Post by Pinchy »

You guys are so god damn lucky Giants was in the stack of games I bothered to bring to college.
Shadow_Twister
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Shadow_Twister »

Holy crap, I found my password/username. I'm on the second page in the memberlist! Long time no see guys!

This is looking really good, I might take a break from WoW and come back for a while. Now all that's left is to find my disks. This is gonna take a while.
Riku
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Riku »

Ive seen people (Accus) pick up trees an sh** as kabuto and i never figured it out but i think thatd be fun if you could put that in the patch?
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

The repairgun could maybe use a boost (you know, the light next to the jetpack fuel)
Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

Yeah, the repair reaper vs mech is not fair. I don't know how to balance it, but as I remember it I just did some spells for repair as the reaper and you could fight while the stuff repaired itself. The mech however was slower with repair and had to keep the button pressed with the building targetted.

Maybe this can be fixed to. And I want smarties to be playable so you can wander around when others fight. And hide from Kabuto. I always liked the smarties very much and still have one as my windows background :)
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Rollo wrote:Yeah, the repair reaper vs mech is not fair. I don't know how to balance it, but as I remember it I just did some spells for repair as the reaper and you could fight while the stuff repaired itself. The mech however was slower with repair and had to keep the button pressed with the building targetted.

Maybe this can be fixed to. And I want smarties to be playable so you can wander around when others fight. And hide from Kabuto. I always liked the smarties very much and still have one as my windows background :)
With Debug Mode it was possible to play as the smarties. But unfortunately they deleted it on this page. It was so cool :cry: .
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Seriously, Tasiin, what is needed in order to make the laser gun work? The models and animations are in the game, no?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

They are - and they all look absolutely terrible. I think I recall reading somewhere that PM was never able to get the laser working quite right, which was why it wasn't included in the game in the first place.

Something of that sort is probably outside the scope of the project.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

You're crazy, it'd look just great. 8]

Actually, I can't think of any other animation than the one used for the mecc holding the weapon, and the one used for the ray. The ray can be seen in a map made by Nullpointer, and it didn't seem to look that bad. So there is the mecc animation left.
Are you saying this because you guys have already tried to get it to work, and figured out it looked terrible?

Don't worry to much about that if you don't want to do it, I'm just throwing some ideas.

By the way, is the patch supposed to bring only new functions and balance the game, or it will also bring new textures (apart from GRM, etc)? I always wanted to change the shield shockwaves to a transparent energy sphere, but I don't even know how it could be done.