Birds

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Birds

Post by Boom »

This is a dificult question...
How can i add those birds? Just like 2nd Floor. :roll:

EDIT:
Here's the link for a complete tutorial on how to add birds to your map:
http://www.giantswd.org/forum/viewtopic ... d+tutorial
Last edited by Boom on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infinity7
Staff
Staff

Post by Infinity7 »

Hi Boom. You cannot add those birds by yourself. Giants Edit cannot save the birds function properly, but Nullpointer can add the birds to your map after you've completed the whole rest of the map.
Nooby
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nooby »

Wrong Infi:) ,
may he could it once ,but as i asked him some weeks ago ,
he didnt know it exactly and said i should look into his map
with editor:)
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

Well, i spent like 3 hours looking at this map and tried everything possible... But the birds wouldnt show up. I think I have to make like a "mission" for them to work but i really dont know how to use that in the editor. Someone like Null or System should make an advanced tutorial for these kind of things... It would be great!
Anyway i hope Null read this... :wink:
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

I think they're busy enough for us :wink:
Infinity7
Staff
Staff

Post by Infinity7 »

Boom, I know its possible for me to be wrong sometimes, but......when I first wanted the dactyl birds added to my map there were a group of us on a IRC chat with Nullpointer. He told me that the Giants Edit program was not capable of saving the special part about the birds correctly when we saved the map. What he had to do to make it work was manually change the code after the whole rest of the map was completed.

For example, if you take his map with the dactyls or my map with the dactyls and open it the editor and then save it right away and go back into the map you will see that the dactyls are no longer there anymore. The object number for dactyls has to be added to the map and the correct spline markers have to be there and then also Nullpointer has to add the correct code manually or else those things will never ever show up.

I think Null must have been too busy when he saw you or he may have even forgotten how to do that but I'm sure he could find out again.
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

Inf, thx a lot. Now i can quit trying to do that cuz i know i cant. I ve just spent like 2 hours checking urs and Nulls maps and everything that could be noticed i did... But if it comes to code-editing i really cant do anything...
Too bad. Well im not going to bother Null with this, he sure is busy enough with the patch and stuff. Thx again! :roll:
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

Huh, well if someone knows how to edit codes here is what i have noticed u have to do to have birds:

1-You should use object 1052 with AIMode on. (dunno which ones, there r 14, 15, 37, 38...)
2-At least 3 1052 objects with teamIDs 0, 1 and 2 for each bird
3-The first 1052 have generally object data 0 0 100 and spline key time 0
4-The following 1052 have no object data and spline key time is higher than the previous ones. (like the 1st is set to 0, then 100, then ....)
5-There is always a 210 object with object data 0 – Number if the AIMode – 0
6-This 210 object has the same scale of the corresponding 1052 one.
Nullpointer
Staff
Staff

Post by Nullpointer »

1-You should use object 1052 with AIMode on. (dunno which ones, there r 14, 15, 37, 38...)
2-At least 3 1052 objects with teamIDs 0, 1 and 2 for each bird
Those objects 1052 are spline points. Team ID is required for correct order, AI mode separates individual splines.
3-The first 1052 have generally object data 0 0 100 and spline key time 0
4-The following 1052 have no object data and spline key time is higher than the previous ones. (like the 1st is set to 0, then 100, then ....)
The first item's object data might be responsible for the birds' speed...
I don't remember what spline key time is good for but always setting it to 100*TeamID seems to be a good idea.
5-There is always a 210 object with object data 0 ? Number if the AIMode ? 0
6-This 210 object has the same scale of the corresponding 1052 one.
The object 210 is the dactyl itself.

I don't know if this works - in map properties try entering xx_dactyl or xx_dactyl.bin or +xx_dactyl or +xx_dactyl.bin (one of them should work) in the include rules field.
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I HAVE MY BIRD WORKING!!!
THANK YOU ALL A LOT!!!!! :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

woo! :P
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

woooooooooo ye the bird
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

Im soooo happy!!! When i made my bird and told Yzer how to make one too, me and him started trying to add a Sonak too. He explained me somethings and now i have sonak working on my map!!! ITS COOL!!!
It has that reaperguard in his back and some more around him just like in the mission!!! Thank you Yzer for the tips!
Yzer, to make it work u must have a 1058 object with object data 0 10 0, and u need a 215 object too. The marker stuff is just like the bird but use AIMode 10. And all the 1052 must have object data 0 0 8. Oh, and dont forget to add xx_sonak in includerules.
Map makers try that! Its cool!!! Im really happy! 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

(If i can ill try to make a tutorial explaining how to add birds and sonaks in maps... but my english isnt that good so if someone else wants to do that too, great)
Last edited by Boom on Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

AI in multiplayer maps = ick
Infinity7
Staff
Staff

Post by Infinity7 »

Hey good job Boom. Yes please make your tutorial on how to add those things to maps. I'd like to try them out. Did you get your recolored map I sent back to your email ok?