Add bots-single player

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Giacomo1496
Kabuto's Playtoy

Add bots-single player

Post by Giacomo1496 »

Hello,is this possible to add Reg,Gordon and Bennet during the first missions ?maybe modify some binary files?thanks.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Re: Add bots-single player

Post by Tig »

Modding Giants can be done by various ways. Some mods are easier to make than others, and some are still impossible to create even 20 years after the game release.

I am a very motivated, where can I start?
From the easiest to the hardest game modification, here's what you can do:
Create new skins: it's as easy as editing an image with Paint.
Editing texts in-game: you can use GTextEdit to open the game files and change texts by anything you want.
Edit or create multiplayer maps: you can use GiantsEdit to open maps and edit them. Save them and host a server to play it with your friends. Creating maps from scratch is way harder, but definitely possible.
Change some weapon models: requires Blender.

I am a talented C/C++ developer or 3D animator/sculptor. What can I do to help?
Some parts of the game can be edited, some others are still not possible to mod. While you can play multiplayer maps in single player and have a limited AI, single player is unmoddable with what we know today.

https://discord.gg/Avj4azU
Giacomo1496
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Giacomo1496 »

thansk however,but maybe it's possible to do something other...like jetpack speed.In cheat engine forum i read something about a user that created a table for v 1.4 that make possible to have infinite jetpack fuel,health and other.I'm actually using it but as you know,other bots have more accelleration,so he says jetpack turbo is a flot value.in cheat engine,that start from 3.5 to 0.Do you know something about this?How to change it in order to go faster?don't know is i can insert link,however i see a similar case : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59HEaALlQM
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

These are hacks and cheats that are for the V1.4 (and below) versions of the game. They are 15 to 20 years old. A lot of the people that made and used these hacks eventually got banned from multiplayer forever. The temptation became too big.

The current version has better protection in place to prevent the game from being killed for good by hackers and cheaters.

I will be of no assistance in creating cheats and hacks.

Any suspected use on any multiplayer server will result in a permanent ban.