Giants 3D Models

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

arthurdecastro
Kabuto's Playtoy

Giants 3D Models

Post by arthurdecastro »

Hi everyone. I guess nobody could help me at all, but I would like to get the Giants models. I have did this with some models in past (windows 7 + 3dsmax 8 + I/E 7 tool). Now I'm on Windows 10 and both 3dsmax 7 and 8 are getting problems (don't run).

I would love a plugin for blender, but I know no one here will make, so I would like to know if the import/export tool can be used in a newer version of 3Ds max (I know is only static models and etc, but I really wanna that).

Thx already
Edit: I manage to make 3ds Max 8 work. if you want to give it a try, make sure to run as administrator and maybe you will need to remove 4 files:

http://i.imgur.com/A5w7pso.png

for some reason, these files don't load and so the program doesn't start.

I don't have sucess with 3ds Max 7. If you want to run anyway, 3ds Max 7 can ask for a lot of DLLs. I've make this tiny pack with all the ones I needed (5 mb).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8jqhf ... ax7dlls.7z

---------

I'll try to export all models (or at least the relevant ones) and make it work in Blender. Will also try to make animations and etc, and so I will share the "exported" models (since 3DS Max is a sh1t).

I also will try to study about max and blender plugins and try to make something for newer programs. If you think you could do the same, DO IT XD

cheers :wink:
Adrian13sk
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Adrian13sk »

About year ago, I managed to extract models from the game. I could only open them in 3dsmax 2006, I think I still have some of the models but not sure. I made them work in 3dsmax 12, so I could use them to make models for Garry's Mod and I succeeded but it was year ago and I forgot how to do that s***. :/ :D
arthurdecastro
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by arthurdecastro »

Adrian13sk wrote:About year ago, I managed to extract models from the game. I could only open them in 3dsmax 2006, I think I still have some of the models but not sure. I made them work in 3dsmax 12, so I could use them to make models for Garry's Mod and I succeeded but it was year ago and I forgot how to do that s***. :/ :D
Oh, hi =D

I've been studying C.G. with both Blender and 3Ds Max (2015). I still have 3Ds Max 8 to import/export those models, and I've seen a little about configuring the textures (all on Blender). By the end of the year, I guess I will have enough acknowledgement to put some riggs and animate those models.

But if you already ripped some models (and if the plugins really work on newer 3Ds max versions), and if you mind share, I'll be grateful. Still, I guess will be better to me still Ripping my own models to use on some tribute game I'm planning (Unreal Engine 4 btw). And if you send those models for workshop and post a link here, I'll download them to my GM too xD

Btw, I guess I've see your models on First Wonder forum last year...