giants edit 5.3 to 5.4

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

giants edit 5.3 to 5.4

Post by NKNWN »

i maked one map with some ai and works !! (5.3)

after of that i need to add formations (i know how to do) with 5.4

but when i edit the configuration in giants edit 5.4 the game crashes and the console says
Error: WriteContent can't be applied to nodes; here it was applied onto StartWeather

ScanNode debug report
The following nodes were not scanned:
Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Scenario
VoPath
Music
ArmyBin
WorldNoLightning
MusicHeavy
MusicWin
MusicLight
MusicSuspense

These items were not included in the saved map file; all other items should be allright.

Error: WriteContent can't be applied to nodes; here it was applied onto StartWeather

ScanNode debug report
The following nodes were not scanned:
Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Untouched: Scenario
VoPath
Music
ArmyBin
WorldNoLightning
MusicHeavy
MusicWin
MusicLight
MusicSuspense

These items were not included in the saved map file; all other items should be allright.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

I don't know about 5.3, but GiantsEdit 5.4 will not save maps with weather settings. Try removing the StartWeather opcode with 5.3, if it will allow you to do that.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tasiin wrote:I don't know about 5.3, but GiantsEdit 5.4 will not save maps with weather settings. Try removing the StartWeather opcode with 5.3, if it will allow you to do that.
how can i do that pd:5.3 works and the map runs exelent
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tasiin wrote:I don't know about 5.3, but GiantsEdit 5.4 will not save maps with weather settings. Try removing the StartWeather opcode with 5.3, if it will allow you to do that.
hmm .. and how can i do a map with only 5.4 and gmm?
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

It should be listed in the map properties window.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tasiin wrote:It should be listed in the map properties window.
thx but the game crashes at loading (96%) and windows send me a error (0x0....)
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tasiin wrote:It should be listed in the map properties window.
all the players when play a match with bots , the players take damage by nothing
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

AI creatures do not have any net code as they were never meant to be used in multiplayer. Each player will see them in a different state on their machine. There's no point in adding AI to a map that's intended to be played in multiplayer.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tasiin wrote:AI creatures do not have any net code as they were never meant to be used in multiplayer. Each player will see them in a different state on their machine. There's no point in adding AI to a map that's intended to be played in multiplayer.
i've seen test of a patch and maybe they could do a fix to that ,its just an idea

¿and that can be fixed?