Map

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Map

Post by [PL] Przemek »

1. How to make new map? (Not by changing somebody's map)

When I'm trying to change somebody's map in WinRAR (ex. change word Grass to Template in every file) - I ever have error when trying to save it later in Giants Edit :'(

Ever when I'm change something in files it's get crsahed somehow :'(

2. How move sun some higher than at line of the water (higher at sky).
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Map

Post by HellSnake »

[PL] Przemek wrote:1. How to make new map? (Not by changing somebody's map)

When I'm trying to change somebody's map in WinRAR (ex. change word Grass to Template in every file) - I ever have error when trying to save it later in Giants Edit :'(

Ever when I'm change something in files it's get crsahed somehow :'(

2. How move sun some higher than at line of the water (higher at sky).
well giantsedit is a very buggy program, i use the first 1(not beta) to create a map, load a template, then delete all objects and delete all terrain, then save(the non beta usually saves with no errors) and then edit it further in the beta version.

and to move the sun higher? i have no idea (wat u mean), u want it at top of urr level? cause i dunt think thats possible, but u can use 1 of the nice weather effects tassin made http://www.giantswd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2042
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

At this picture and at every map sun is in the sky. In my map sun is at level of the gorund (horizont).
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

[PL] Przemek wrote:Image

At this picture and at every map sun is in the sky. In my map sun is at level of the gorund (horizont).
uuhm u added the 1004 objects ? if u did, then i don't how to change sun location
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

When i was making the NYC map i had the same problem. The sun at sea level (and still is). I've tried to change his elevation but even with that the sun was at the same place like a beachball floating in the sea.
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

:( Is there are somebody who knows how to fix the problem?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

http://www.giantswd.org/?file=27&action=Page4
This is a link to part of the GE 5.3 tutorial on this website, it will tell you how to paint terrain with automatic lighting tool. You can also move the sun around using the area below the terrain painter.

You have to have the box "enabled sun & skylight" checked to adjust the sun. I would say not to have the box "apply automatically while editing" checked, because you would override any color scheme you made for the map already.