Help about my new map

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Thank you HellSnake, you said that you can help me adding custom textures. Please do it :D ! This is for me the best map by far.

This is actually how the map looks 8) (thanks to HellSnake. View from the Empire State observation deck :D ):

Also the Towers looks now more greyish instead of yellowish which make's them look better.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

giantsgamer, do u have MSN/skype/chatex? together we rlly can make the map X-treme :D
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:giantsgamer, do u have MSN/skype/chatex? together we rlly can make the map X-treme :D
Yes, i have chatex. I will launch chatex everyday :wink: .
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:giantsgamer, do u have MSN/skype/chatex? together we rlly can make the map X-treme :D
still haven't seen u online... were do u live, i live in the netherlands(EU)
i shall be online around 20:00...
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
still haven't seen u online... were do u live, i live in the netherlands(EU)
i shall be online around 20:00...
I live in Spain. I'll try to meet you.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Update 15/08/09: added Brooklyn bridge !

Whoah :shock: ! Amazing view of the NYC skyline from the Brooklyn bridge !

HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

well giants_gamer32, i've made the first texture for the map:

and im thinking about making fences/vang rail by the road
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Wow ! great textures (imagine if you could do that but with the buildings ! that would be amazing !). I'm in holidays since a week ago (i'm in my grandparents home) but i'll be back soon so i can work in the map again.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Hello, i'm back :) . Hellsnake, can you apply textures to the Towers and the Empire State ( like Brooklyn bridge they are maded with objects )?

Well, nice shots for those who want more 8) :

DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

You're talking about 2 different kinds of buildings. The buildings made from terrain will be difficult since you have to retexture the whole ground.

If you plan on doing that, you would have to add a textured object across the entire ground so it doesn't look like a building.

As for the buildings made of objects, know which ones you will be using for buildings. You may end up with towers that have road textures on them.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Depending on the objects you use, you may end up with towers with road textures on them.
Why ? he used a texture on a object without affect the terrain. I think that this could be possible with the Towers.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:You're talking about 2 different kinds of buildings. The buildings made from terrain will be difficult since you have to retexture the whole ground.

If you plan on doing that, you would have to add a textured object across the entire ground so it doesn't look like a building.

As for the buildings made of objects, know which ones you will be using for buildings. You may end up with towers that have road textures on them.
u can make textures for the twin towers, there made of objects...
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Wow, great 8) . I'll wait.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

What I mean is you might want to avoid using many different objects for the construction of one building. When you retexture them, the amount of objects you used is how many less you have to work for another unique textured building.

In other words, you will run out of uniquely texturable objects to use for buildings before the map is complete, resulting in some buildings looking similar and/or the same.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:What I mean is you might want to avoid using many different objects for the construction of one building. When you retexture them, the amount of objects you used is how many less you have to work for another unique textured building.

In other words, you will run out of uniquely texturable objects to use for buildings before the map is complete, resulting in some buildings looking similar and/or the same.
Mmm, there's only 3 buildings maded with objects in the map, and Twin Towers are 2 towers exactly the same so that's not the problem.