Help about my new map

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Help about my new map

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

I'm making an impressive map never seen before in Giants. I've put much effort and time in it but it's not finished by far. I want to know if Giants has a limited number of showing objects while ingame, because there's some objects that are visible in Giants edit but not ingame :cry: .
How i can solve that ?

-Also if someone knows how to put the light and textures in the custom maps i'll send my map and he will see truly what i am talking about.

Thanks.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Help about my new map

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:I'm making an impressive map never seen before in Giants. I've put much effort and time in it but it's not finished by far. I want to know if Giants has a limited number of showing objects while ingame, because there's some objects that are visible in Giants edit but not ingame :cry: .
How i can solve that ?

-Also if someone knows how to put the light and textures in the custom maps i'll send my map and he will see truly what i am talking about.

Thanks.
well, i can add light and textures... it's easy

i do believe giants has a limit of objects,, but with me then i had 200 SAM turruts and it crashed giants with the error: Object limit exceeded

but i noticed some rocket began to show no more trails when they were fired alot...

anyways could be that u have to much objects.... or wrong objects, i can take a look at it...
Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Giants Freak »

light is soo easy, u just need the flashlights and textures is automatic lighting, just look on a tutorial somewhere
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:I'm making an impressive map never seen before in Giants. I've put much effort and time in it but it's not finished by far. I want to know if Giants has a limited number of showing objects while ingame, because there's some objects that are visible in Giants edit but not ingame :cry: .
How i can solve that ?

Thanks.

i do believe giants has a limit of objects,, but with me then i had 200 SAM turruts and it crashed giants with the error: Object limit exceeded

but i noticed some rocket began to show no more trails when they were fired alot...

anyways could be that u have to much objects.... or wrong objects, i can take a look at it...
You'll be impressed how many of the same objects there are, but never get that error, it's only that ingame some objects are not displayed :( . Can i send you my map to take a look (send me a pm with your e-mail) ? It needs the light and terrain and water textures only.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:
How i can solve that ?

Thanks.

You'll be impressed how many of the same objects there are, but never get that error, it's only that ingame some objects are not displayed :( . Can i send you my map to take a look (send me a pm with your e-mail) ? It needs the light and terrain and water textures only.
isn't GWD showing mah email?
it's axel.koolhaas@hotmail.com

and u better hurry... im leaving to france 2morrow
send me urr map+textures, and what light do u want? ,green/red/blue/normal?
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Some objects might be visible in the editor but it could just be an effect, and because of that it would disappear or not show up at all once the level has been loaded..

I've noticed that the editor has a problem with alot of objects and there is a limit on how many you can have on a map.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

^ i've noticed that. HellSnake i've send to you i think 2 emails sorry, the two are the same but only one has the attached file of the map.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Sorry for double posting but, if anyone is interested in map here there's some screens:

-Note: i haven't finished the map, but at least 90% it's done (there's some missing buildings i'll put later in the downtown). Due to the limitations that have Giants on the amount of objects shown ingame i had to replace buildings with mountains, otherwise adding more objects would result in screwing up the other buildings (missing parts of them which looks really weird).

Empire State building and the view looking at the downtown.

Great view of the Twin Towers at the financial center.

Inside the WTC

At the observation deck of WTC 2 at 110th floor.

-Also, but it's possible that you don't recognise, in the map is included the Chrysler building, MetLife Building, United Nations building, Madison Square Garden, Times Square and the number 1 tourist attraction (Empire State Building) observation deck at 102th floor. And there's more :D.

Have you ever thought how many great things you can do with giants edit with imagination, effort and time ? That's the result :D .

-Finally i want to give thanks to HellSnake who helped me adding the light to the map, and Magnum for creating the map "Object test" which helped me a lot when selecting the objects. Without them i couldn't make this map. And the last thing: as this was a surprise for the GWD community i was thinking of releasing this map here when it's done :wink: , if the people like's it of course.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

What about one of the most symbolic buildings in New York? Statue of Liberty.
Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Giants Freak »

Yeah, statue is a good idea, but kinda hard to make, nice map btw
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Exploderman wrote:What about one of the most symbolic buildings in New York? Statue of Liberty.
Impossible to do. Very hard. It would have to be maded of lot's of objects if it's done properly and as i said before i cannot add more because Giants has a limit on them, adding more crashes the existing buildings. And the statue would have to be out of the map (maybe the world) which is not possible. The terrain is so big and large that nearly crosses all the world. The buildings are real scaled to the mecc pov, so if you are gonna get to the top of the tallest buildings you'll need a gyro. The buildings surrounding the mecc base are one of the shortest one's in the map and you cannot reach the top of them if you use the jectpack from the ground without exploding grenades or mines. It's a 3 way map: mecc's base is near the financial centre, reaper base is in the water near Battery park and Kabuto spawns next to the Empire State building as he was King Kong.
What else do you want now :) ? I've done lot's of work in it.

More images :D :

At the base of the Empire State Building.

View from the Empire State 102th floor observation deck.

Have you ever seen steps in Giants ?

Ok, now i'm quitting cause i have to work more on the map :P .
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

AAAAGH ! It's not possible ! My map got deleted mysteriously ! All my work in the trash ! I have no words to describe that :cry: . Well at least the screenshots are all the remains of it :cry: .
I've spend 4 days making that.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

You didnt make a copy of it and placed under another folder? or given it to someone? Did you use the 5.43 version? It alittle buggy so it might be the reason it got deleted.. try a undelete program.. just dont use the partition/harddrive that you have the map..
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

RichardMH wrote:You didnt make a copy of it and placed under another folder? or given it to someone? Did you use the 5.43 version? It alittle buggy so it might be the reason it got deleted.. try a undelete program.. just dont use the partition/harddrive that you have the map..
Well, fortunately i have a copy that Hellsnake sended to me with the light included, and it includes all the object buildings (Twin towers, Empire State...). I only need to remake the mountain buildings and paint them but this may take some days :wink: .
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

I've used this with some success in the past: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/