Anyone got a nice Prefab out there?

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

$ilverKnite
Kabuto's Playtoy

Anyone got a nice Prefab out there?

Post by $ilverKnite »

Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice decked out Prefabs out there. I tried to grab some from the old links of Glude and RichardMH on this forum but the links are dead now. This will greatly help me and other amateur map makers out there. If you don't know already, the original Prefabs that came with GiantsEdit 5.3 and 5.4 just have the basic form. Thanks a million.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Anyone got a nice Prefab out there?

Post by HellSnake »

$ilverKnite wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice decked out Prefabs out there. I tried to grab some from the old links of Glude and RichardMH on this forum but the links are dead now. This will greatly help me and other amateur map makers out there. If you don't know already, the original Prefabs that came with GiantsEdit 5.3 and 5.4 just have the basic form. Thanks a million.
well i once thought of making a prefab but never did it, couldn't u make 1 urrself?
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

I can put that file up again.. hold on..

edit
I have to get back to you on that.. I cant seem to find the disc..
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

RichardMH wrote: I have to get back to you on that.. I cant seem to find the disc..
rofl :lol:
$ilverKnite
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by $ilverKnite »

you could make your own but it's a hassle. that's all. i'll add more stuff to it once Richard put it up. then i'll email it to him to put on his server so others can download it.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I can post mine that I finished recently, but every object in the list will be there. Therefore, use caution so you don't crash you're map with wierd objects.

You can get my prefab file here. Take a look at it and see how it works for you.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Ah thanks Falcoz, I retrieved the GiantsSorce website with your URL. =)
$ilverKnite
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by $ilverKnite »

Thanks Darkie, makes my life easier :P Dude, that's a pretty nice and organized one! My old one as i remembered it was chaotic.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

The only objects I didn't add on was the stuff in efx.gzp. There's very few useful objects in there and I don't see a good reason to put them in.

Just use the object list for those rare situations.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

You can get my prefab file here. Take a look at it and see how it works for you.
For me that prefab is too large.. normally you dont have use for objects like the kabuto weak spot but that is just my opinion.. my file had only the most useful items like the reaperski elements, bases etc.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Yeah I figured a lot of those objects won't be used in almost any map, but it saves time in the long run since no one will ever have to add more things to the menu.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Found the disk, well my wife did:

http://www.hellstrand.org/Prefabs.txt

Right click on the link and save ass.. otherwise the txt file opens in the browser.. for me it did anyway :P