Giants Machinima

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Davman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Giants Machinima

Post by Davman »

Hey all, ok my idea is to make a giants Machinima (anyone seen Red Vs Blue?) and my problem is how can i get the HUD to dissappear, if not the complete HUD then just the pistol on one character. Any ideas are welcome
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

This is not easy to do. You will need to create fully transparent .tgas to replace the graphics for all of the items on the HUD and put them in the override folder, and then hex-edit Giants.exe to remove or blank out the pointers to the numbers displayed on the HUD, for ammo and vimp meat and such. I made an .exe like this while working on the second version of GK (which will probably never see the light of day), but I'm not sure where it is now. If you're really serious about this, I can show you how to do it, but it's quite a bit of trouble.
Davman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Davman »

well my other option was to jut make the pistol transparent on one character and just lettebox the rest of the screen, do you think that would be an option?
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

In RvB they just cropped the screen on the bottom and the top to hide the hud, rather than remove it alltogether.
Davman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Davman »

I know that was the first thing I thought of, unfortunatly even with the pistol in giants (the lowest weapon) just cropping the screen would cut out a lot of it, too much by my standards, although based on what it looks like it would take to make the pistol and/or the HUD invisible it may seem my best option at the mo. Also does anyone know any good video capture programs? Specifically ones that will record audio aswell as the video.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Davman wrote:I know that was the first thing I thought of, unfortunatly even with the pistol in giants (the lowest weapon) just cropping the screen would cut out a lot of it, too much by my standards, although based on what it looks like it would take to make the pistol and/or the HUD invisible it may seem my best option at the mo.
Or, zoom in
Davman wrote:Also does anyone know any good video capture programs? Specifically ones that will record audio aswell as the video.
probably fraps, or use a tv-out and record the video on another pc for best framerate
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

or maybe Nullpointer's tool...
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Glude wrote:or maybe Nullpointer's tool...
The one that doesn't exist yet? :P
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Yes, in other words, will it be ready soon?
Davman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Davman »

ok, for the unenlightened what is this tool?
Master Yan 2.0
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Master Yan 2.0 »

I like this giants movie idea. Best of luck with it, I will be looking forward to viewing it in the future. Maybe even take part in it? haha
Davman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Davman »

i know this is an ancient topic and ill probs ge done for necro posting but hey
im restarting this idea so im once again on the lookout for applications and ideas.

Apps- video capture (free with no limitations-inc sound record)

Ideas- if anyone wishes to post an idea or two then be my guest, if they are any good i may even use them
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Thread necromancy generally won't get you too much grief here, so long as you have something meaningful to say (ie something more than "LOL What!"), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

hey damn you zoph.. those are my words :P
Nyvane
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Nyvane »

Can someone tell me where to download a video capture program,with sound,video and no time limits? :lol: