An idea....

Ask questions that relate to GiantsWD.

Moderator: Staff

Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

An idea....

Post by Mutilator »

I was just looking through them maps up for download, and I was thinking, I can't really see that much of the maps from the thumbnail images on here.

I would like to propose that possible, a full size screenshot link could be added to allow peple to see a good large picture of the map.

What do you lot think.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

That would require a hell of a lot of time. If anyone's curious enough to want to check what all available maps look like in and out, they can download the map themselves. If you're so keen on fulfilling your idea, go ahead and take screenies of all 300 and some maps. :P
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

It could start from now on. So new maps would have this option avaiable and the old ones woudnt, but maybe with time ppl could slowly upload screenies of the old maps... The idea is nice.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

As it is now, there is not enough interest in the older maps (i.e. downloads) to generate entire 800x600 screenshots for them. But even for the newer maps, the thumbnails tend to be scaled down versions of 800x600 or larger resolution shots. You could make a similar argument by saying that you need more than one screenshot to get a good feel for the map. If people are interested enough, I feel it would be easier for them to download and try out the maps.
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Why not include a screenshot of the Birdseye view also?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Because its a waste of time, energy, and effort?
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

I see the point. My bad :(