Virus!!!

Ask questions that relate to GiantsWD.

Moderator: Staff

mroziakr
Kabuto's Playtoy

Virus!!!

Post by mroziakr »

When I download files for example giantshook my antyvirus tell me that there is virus (adware) Please check this.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

There is no virus in GiantsHook. Some (not very good) virus scanners may incorrectly detect that there is one due to the fact that the PE header of Giants.exe had to be modified in order to load the GiantsHook .dll file at startup.
mroziakr
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by mroziakr »

Maybe but the full name of this virus is Adware.Rabio.a
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Where are you getting your files? It sounds like your not talking about GiantsHook, but using it as an example.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

mroziakr wrote:Maybe but the full name of this virus is Adware.Rabio.a
There's no "maybe" about it. There is no virus in GiantsHook. If you'd prefer not to download it, that's your choice.
mroziakr
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by mroziakr »

OK I downloaded this and nothing was happened. My antywirus have very big heuristics so it was mistake about virus.
Where are you getting your files? It sounds like your not talking about GiantsHook, but using it as an example.
I download Giantshook from http://giantswd.org/ /download/patches All files in patches were supposedly virus but I thing they aren't
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I am pretty sure that none of giantswd's downloadable content has any viruses, since they have to be approved before being added to the site. It might be something else on your computer the anti-virus is warning you about.
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Let me guess, your using AVG Antivirus, do yourself a favour and throw that garbage in the bin. Mcafee is a good antivirus, or Symantec Antivirus.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

KasperSky is better.