Forum Problem Notification

Ask questions that relate to GiantsWD.

Moderator: Staff

DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Forum Problem Notification

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I am posting here because I've been having problems with emails. When I try to send to someone an email I get an error that says
"Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php"

What can it be?

[EDIT]
I don't like to be naggy and all especially with double posting but I've seen another occurance. One of my file's pictures was switched with someone else's (King's pmarker pic with mine). Image
Also I would like to point out that when I go on the site now, I have to log in twice for the forum to register it.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Yeah, I tried it and had the same problem
King
Administrator

Post by King »

When you say emailer, are you referring to private messages? Just tested it w/o problems. Also, I'll fix the image swapping when I get around to the text update. A couple others have likely had their image switched, but I'll have to dig to see which ones.

*edit* did some research on the emailer bug and it looks like it's a host problem, not PHPBB. Considering posting is still working without issue, I'll consider disabling the error if it continues to show.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Yes I'm referring to the private messaging system in the forum. Didn't want to bother you, but you said to post a topic if I had any problems.

[EDIT]

Ok, the pm system is fixed for me, now I want to bring up the double log in. When I go in the forum page and click "log in" I have to do it twice everytime I go on the website.

I don't know what problem that would be but it's never happened before.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Someone else was having that problem a while ago. What browser/OS combo are you using? Do you have cookies enabled?

Also, do you have a backup of the screenshot that was overwritten?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Yes, I have cookies enabled and a back up of the screenshot. I don't know what browser/OS combo I'm using, how can find out?
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Browser would be IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

OS would be Windows XP, Vista, Me, 98, etc.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I'm using IE and Windows XP.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

If you installed the phpBB Forum directly from the Cpanel server, you have to log in twice.
It has a few more errors, but I can't remember them.
This is a bug nobody really knows how to fix, and it won't be fixed since the one used on Cpanel is and old version.
The only way to fix this is removing the Forum, and uploading a downloaded one using FTP

Sorry if this is old news :wink:
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Site doesn't use Cpanel. Ho hum, I'll tinker around.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Yes I'm referring to the private messaging system in the forum. Didn't want to bother you, but you said to post a topic if I had any problems.

[EDIT]

Ok, the pm system is fixed for me, now I want to bring up the double log in. When I go in the forum page and click "log in" I have to do it twice everytime I go on the website.

I don't know what problem that would be but it's never happened before.
With regards to double logging, what URL are you originally using? Logging in from www.giantswd.org results in double logging for me, while giantswd.org doesn't.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

King wrote:Site doesn't use Cpanel. Ho hum, I'll tinker around.
phpBB is known as being a target for hacks and spams, that's why it's better to use SimpleMachines as a free resource, it's known to be the best in the free price range.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

I don't quite understand, isn't giantswd.org and www.giantswd.org the same site? Anyways it only happens when I first come onto the website and log on from the forum index, if I log out and in, it doesn't happen.
Casqad wrote:phpBB is known as being a target for hacks and spams, that's why it's better to use SimpleMachines as a free resource, it's known to be the best in the free price range.
If King switched resources, that would mean he'll has to move the site again :? .
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

It's not the host that has errors, it's the Forum software installed.
He simply has to download other software from a website, and upload it using ftp.

It does mean most of the posts and members will be lost doing this....