ALRIGHT

Ask questions that relate to GiantsWD.

Moderator: Staff

FrayWing
Kabuto's Playtoy

ALRIGHT

Post by FrayWing »

I commend you guys for keeping giants alive this long, but you guys need to make make it live again- nobody really cares anymore. To end this you need to create something new, I mean you guys have all the ideas and knowlege you need to make something new and exciting- break the giants engine down to its core and start something cool, with improved models textures and gameplay. It could be a big project if you could get together, ive seen that you obviously know giants and how to mod giants up and down- you can do it. You just need to set your mind to it.
Ill be waiting for it.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

You do realize that there's already a mod that does most of what you've suggested, right? Minus the impossible/compatability breaking things, of course.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Well then create a tournament!
with noob, semi-pro, and master class.
Maybe only clans... or both.
i bet a lot of ppl will join if someone organises this :wink:

it gets boring these days cuz there isnt anything new :x
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

You both seem to be excellent at suggesting we do things that have already been done.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

You two get on it. We'll be waiting.
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

I defineately agree with Tasiin that there is already a mod to do what you suggested...and I don't suggest putting others up to something and not volunteering to help yourself...it seems a little well...demeaning to everyonje else.....
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Boosting the game's graphics and play can only go so far. You said something new and exciting, well that's already been done like Tasin, Yankee, and the others stated.

But I can say that most of the problem is publicidy, what we need is a commercial. So would any of them million aires out there like to fork over a couple thousand for a shooting? :lol:
|AFTA|Yankee
Lord of the Vimps

Post by |AFTA|Yankee »

Heck yes! Your all just lucky I'm an actor/singer! :D :shock: Hehehehe! BUt I think I will tell my friends in school about this quant lil' game I play...called Giants Citizen Kabuto! :D :) But yes, the biggest problem is publicity.... but we have been facing this problem for a while...!
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:
But I can say that most of the problem is publicidy, what we need is a commercial.
Again, done before.
|AFTA|Yankee wrote:BUt I think I will tell my friends in school about this quant lil' game I play...called Giants Citizen Kabuto! :D
Now we're getting somewhere. Realistically, doing things like this will have the greatest effect. We are long since past the point where people will find the game on most store shelves, so new players are either going to be people that have had the game for a while already and never tried the multiplayer, or people who buy (or acquire through other means) the game on the recommendation of friends.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

when was the last gck tournament...?

you're saying that 2-3 tournaments is enough for a game thats been aroung for 5 years and there's no need for another one?

i would organise one if i could, i just dont have time.
so im asking anyone who can to do it.
Nyvane
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Nyvane »

YEA PLEASE MAKE A TOURNAMENT
Nyvane
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Nyvane »

That will help Giants be alive,and it will exciting for many players.
Make tournament and new super patches,which will upgrade the game. :D :? :P :wink:
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

Tasiin wrote:You do realize that there's already a mod that does most of what you've suggested, right?
well apart from the improved gameplay.

But that is far from possible.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Removing the irritating pop-up bug that n00bs keep using.

And yes, that mod allready does a lot of stuff
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

If there ever is gonna be a tournament(most likely not :cry: ), King should host the tournament, but i think someone already suggested that a long time ago so, i'm just restating it.