ALRIGHT

Ask questions that relate to GiantsWD.

Moderator: Staff

Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

The last tournament didn't have many people playing at all, and was nearly cancelled several times due to lack of interest.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Tournaments are good, both GWD and GSA have hosted several. The problem lies in the fact that there aren't many active players, thus getting a tournament going doesn't always work out.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last tournament... horible because no one showed up?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

That wasn't a GWD tournament, and I'd say it failed partially due to the way in which it was managed.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Maybe we could do a thread about this, anyone who wanted to participate could just reply, and we would see if there where enough players.

or we could make a poll so we have an idea of the number of ppl that would join.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

We've tried that. People do sign up, but they don't show up.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

...Idiots...
FrayWing
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FrayWing »

hmm.. I see, and whats this mod called? where can I download it?
It just seems a little bit lame to talk about it and never do it, and I am a total noob to giants- I stole my uncles disk, and he had been playing it for years with his buddies. I don't know, does the mod change the whole story line? or is it still the mechs, kabuto, and the reapers?
FrayWing
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by FrayWing »

besides, if I downloaded the mod I probabaly wouldnt be able to figure out how to make it work :? I can't the the Mod manager thing to work either, its too confusing- how do I get individual maps I downloaded INTO the mod manager, and then play it over LAN? its confusing. (off subject) I like the map editor tool, whoever made it. (it reminds me of the sacrifice map editor)
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

We CAN'T change a lot of the things you suggested. GRM is about the only thing close. Not as good as we wanted it to be, but we took a break from working on it and haven't really started back up yet. It's just a regular installer, really easy to get working.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

FrayWing wrote:I don't know, does the mod change the whole story line? or is it still the mechs, kabuto, and the reapers?
No. Like several people in this thread have said, changing those things is completely impossible for anyone besides perhaps Nullpointer. Giants is not an easy game to modify.